Leanto needs free space check

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Hrenli wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:If you add a rule to chess that says "...but if you say the word 'train' 4 times, under the condition that your first move was d4, you instantly win the game" in tournaments everyone would use this rule, nobody would be dumb enough not to use it.

Funny, as I actually play chess a bit. If such rule would be added, I'm sure I'll stop playing by that rule and find people who play by the old rules. And I am sure I'll find such people. Even though I agree that there will be players who will "compete" by the new rules. I wouldn't even hate them, though respect... Nah. :)

And I don't think such tournaments would get much sponsors either.

Well the current situation in Haven is that, since it's a multiplayer, 1-server game, it's a CONSTANT "tournament". People who don't abuse cheap rules are just idiots, since there's no way to play haven "casually", with your friends, no competition.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby maze » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:13 pm

I kinda liked leanto blocking only to protect your idol while it dried...but yeah this is to far.

I'm pretty sure people can't do this if he had his land fully claimed.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby whitepoint7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Well the current situation in Haven is that, since it's a multiplayer, 1-server game, it's a CONSTANT "tournament". People who don't abuse cheap rules are just idiots, since there's no way to play haven "casually", with your friends, no competition.

.. they dont know how to abuse it or maybe they have some morality and respect for others . All of this your point of view dont push it to everybody .
Last edited by whitepoint7 on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius
whitepoint7

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:49 pm

whitepoint7 wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:[
Well the current situation in Haven is that, since it's a multiplayer, 1-server game, it's a CONSTANT "tournament". People who don't abuse cheap rules are just idiots, since there's no way to play haven "casually", with your friends, no competition.

.. they dont know how to abuse it or maybe they have some morality and respect for others . All of this your point of view dont push it to everybody .

If you want to siege someone as a competitive aspect of the game, you don't ignore easy ways for "honor", that's just stupid. The game works a certain way, if you want to win you use the easiest way to win. The best play to prevent people from using leantos for easy sieges is not whining that they're "dishonorable players", but simply fixing the retarded mechanic.
NOOBY93

Postby CSPAN » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:04 pm

But complaining about it is what gets it fixed fam. Those perps don't have dignity. It's sort of like hack-a-shaq in basketball. It's allowed, but nearly everyone considers it totally undignified play.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby mietzi94 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:09 pm

CSPAN wrote:But complaining about it is what gets it fixed fam. Those perps don't have dignity. It's sort of like hack-a-shaq in basketball. It's allowed, but nearly everyone considers it totally undignified play.

Totally agree with you on that. Raiding a friendly sprucecap base with a leanto exploit. I dont have any faith in humanity anymore.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby Hrenli » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:12 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:The best play to prevent people from using leantos for easy sieges is not whining that they're "dishonorable players", but simply fixing the retarded mechanic.

So why are you whining here instead of fixing it simply? ;)
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby whitepoint7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:32 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:If you want to siege someone as a competitive aspect of the game, you don't ignore easy ways for "honor", that's just stupid. The game works a certain way, if you want to win you use the easiest way to win. The best play to prevent people from using leantos for easy sieges is not whining that they're "dishonorable players", but simply fixing the retarded mechanic.

not "honor" , good ethics right word . If you find some absurd bug or "eaisy ways" report it dont abuse it , because its going to hurt the game more than you think in longer time spans .

NOOBY93 wrote:simply fixing the retarded mechanic

this .
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - Confucius
whitepoint7

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Hrenli wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:The best play to prevent people from using leantos for easy sieges is not whining that they're "dishonorable players", but simply fixing the retarded mechanic.

So why are you whining here instead of fixing it simply? ;)

What? Was I whining?

I thought I made it clear I don't disrespect players who do this by saying "Don't hate the player, hate the game".
NOOBY93

Postby loskierek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 pm

or just enforce a timeout (ban) on those who use exploit AGAINST others, in pve do whatever suits you, but if you use exploits to spoil someones game then go take a breather.
loskierek

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas