Leanto needs free space check

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:51 pm

loskierek wrote:or just enforce a timeout (ban) on those who use exploit AGAINST others, in pve do whatever suits you, but if you use exploits to spoil someones game then go take a breather.

How does this make sense to you in your head? What do you think about before you post ideas?
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby loskierek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:55 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
loskierek wrote:or just enforce a timeout (ban) on those who use exploit AGAINST others, in pve do whatever suits you, but if you use exploits to spoil someones game then go take a breather.

How does this make sense to you in your head? What do you think about before you post ideas?

Oh so maybe give them pink cape for actually using broken mechanics against another player o.0 i am quite sure they knew what they were doing placing those leantos next to someones pali, each time we nod to exploits abuse we encourage the use of them.
loskierek

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:58 pm

loskierek wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:

Oh so maybe give them pink cape for actually using broken mechanics against another player o.0 i am quite sure they knew what they were doing placing those leantos next to someones pali, each time we nod to exploits abuse we encourage the use of them.

It's an "eternal" alpha game. Easiest way to fix exploits and bugs is let people abuse them. This way there's an actual incentive to find bugs, and the victims will do enough whining and bug reporting to get them fixed.

Instead of punishing people for exploiting mechanics (and btw there's a blurred line between exploiting and playing), they should be free to exploit until the bug gets fixed.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby loskierek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:00 pm

I see your point, but using exploits in pvp grinds my gears so bad, not only in attacking someone, mega constructions with many walls were just as bad
loskierek

Postby Aceb » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Using exploits is bad and most if not nearly all games ban for it.
But this forever alpha. I'm not sure even if there's any rules for the game about exploits so I guess anyone can be a dick and use them as long as it isn't patched.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Leanto blocking offensively is definitely a bit silly mechanics in early game (or used against player who is new). Cost to place is much easier than cost to destroy. But I think if I can not use these tactics early world it will be much more hard to get up some claims and walls. Should there be some compromise? Is some compromise possible or desirable?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby loskierek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 pm

posted in parrarel topic in C&I

make leantos like HF, you can walk over them, once you put a crate into a leanto and claim it the leanto closes and anyone can walk over it, when not claimed anyone can bash it
loskierek

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Should also do something about leaving lean-to's on scents.
DDDsDD999

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:10 pm

leantos should have a certain dry time, and shouldn't make destroyer leave a scent until then
MadNomad

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:14 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Should also do something about leaving lean-to's on scents.

Yeah, wasn't that even in one of coles' streams last world? Other guys didn't have a clue as to what he was doing.

MadNomad wrote:leantos should have a certain dry time, and shouldn't make destroyer leave a scent until then

Might be a solution, seems a bit too arbitrary and "behind the curtain" mechanics. It's already bad enough claims and walls are like this. I hate all of these arbitrary restrictions, but something needs fixed.

@Nooby: if you're going to make an argument, use a little logic. You're chess example is just nonsense and bullshit. TBH, any PvP MMO is more akin to Calvinball in that the devs are making up and changing rules all the time. Most of the time, they try to stay around some central theme, goals, and ideals. They try to not make wide swinging changes to the rules unless it's needed. The downside of participating a work-in-progress game is that sometimes systems are scrapped or have to have wide-swinging modifications because of bugs, exploits in the system, and people abusing mechanics that are against the spirit of the game.

And just for the record, chess has to have some of the most arbitrary rules of any strategy game, but only in actual Calvinball do people make up absurd rules like "Move to d4 and say train four times to win."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas