Can we remove auto wounds altogether?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Can we remove auto wounds altogether?

Postby Eraldo03 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:24 pm

The only thing it does it discourage fair hunting, It's taking forever for me to discover take aim, because I have to stop hunting after like 5 boars and foxes because of all the knicks and knacks and punch sores, even thought im fully armored and they cant even damage me.
Worst of all, I almost died today, because of it. There was a black out on my block for like 5 minutes whilst I was fight a bat and guess what? I went from having a clean wound sheet to having like 120 HHP worth of damage, mostly knicks and knacks and scrapes and cuts, even thought my armor was intact.
Make it so that you only get wound IF you get damaged, please.

Edit: Also make it so everyone have at least a way to generate IP, make take aim part of the starter deck or whatever, it's just bullshit to have such an essential feature locked behind RNG.
Last edited by Eraldo03 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eraldo03

Re: Can we remove auto wounds altogether?

Postby KatoKhan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I would partially agree with this, you could still take some blunt damage because even if you armor soaks damage getting hit still hurts.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm Beautiful
KatoKhan

Postby SmackMcBacon » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:38 pm

Eraldo03 wrote:The only thing it does it discourage fair hunting, It's taking forever for me to discover take aim, because I have to stop hunting after like 5 boars and foxes because of all the knicks and knacks and punch sores

awhhh poor you, how dare they discourage fair hunting for you :(
It's an abomination i tell ya and they should make us invincible against animals once we wear some scrappy armor.
Good idea!
SmackMcBacon

Postby Eraldo03 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:12 pm

SmackMcBacon wrote:
Eraldo03 wrote:The only thing it does it discourage fair hunting, It's taking forever for me to discover take aim, because I have to stop hunting after like 5 boars and foxes because of all the knicks and knacks and punch sores

awhhh poor you, how dare they discourage fair hunting for you :(
It's an abomination i tell ya and they should make us invincible against animals once we wear some scrappy armor.
Good idea!

Nice straw man fallacy, big boy. You sure showed me.
Eraldo03

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:12 pm

But hunting is dangerous and you should not be untouched from a fight with wild animals - devs probably
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SmackMcBacon » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Eraldo03 wrote:Nice straw man fallacy, big boy. You sure showed me.

SmackMcBacon

Postby abt79 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:10 pm

shubla wrote:But hunting is dangerous and you should not be untouched from a fight with wild animals - devs probably

Ikr not like it's possible for a human being to outmaneuver a small insect or slow boar if they're agile enough.
abt79

Postby Leafstab » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Only thing I think that is silly about animals right now is that by wearing armor you end up taking more hhp dmg than with no armor if you get attacked till your koed
Leafstab

Postby shubla » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:03 pm

Leafstab wrote:Only thing I think that is silly about animals right now is that by wearing armor you end up taking more hhp dmg than with no armor if you get attacked till your koed

This is kind of problem.
I think that armor should block the hhp completely. And hp only partially.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Asgaroth22 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Leafstab wrote:Only thing I think that is silly about animals right now is that by wearing armor you end up taking more hhp dmg than with no armor if you get attacked till your koed

That's so true. If, say, your game crashes during a hunt, if you have a lot of armor the animal can actually kill you by doing 1/1 damage all the time, which wouldn't happen without armor.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas