Hotbar for combat moves

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Hotbar for combat moves

Postby sMartins » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:49 pm

Can we have the hotbar changing in combat hotbar when combat start (maybe even possible to switch between with some shortcuts)....this cause i cannot see anything with all the moves in the middle of the screen....untill you are fighting it's not a big deal, but if you have to run....well....you know
So remove combat moves on the screen and put them into a hotbar that change when combat start.
It seems a good idea to clear the screen....
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Re: Hotbar for combat moves

Postby Chiprel2 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:54 am

sMartins wrote:Can we have the hotbar changing in combat hotbar when combat start (maybe even possible to switch between with some shortcuts)....this cause i cannot see anything with all the moves in the middle of the screen....untill you are fighting it's not a big deal, but if you have to run....well....you know
So remove combat moves on the screen and put them into a hotbar that change when combat start.
It seems a good idea to clear the screen....

You only have problems cause you use custom clients. Default one is the best. Give it a try! That's how the game is meant to be played!
Chiprel2

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:06 am

Custom clients are much more bad with the whole game design...this is just a little technical issue...that could be easily solved or improved.
And btw C&I are only for the Official client of course.
Have fun with hiding trees and pointing out strong boxes cause you are afraid to lose, lose what?....that is not my idea of having fun with a game.
sMartins

Postby Chiprel2 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:23 am

I have no problems at all. I just hide under my opponents icons/cards. Better than stealth archer in skyrim.

Sarcasm aside. I give you +1 for changes to combat display as whoever doesn't use custom client have like 70% less chances of surviving. It obstructs too much of the screen.
But please stahp giving advices to use default client as remedium to everything.. as it's inferior to any client avaible..
Chiprel2

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:33 am

Pls stop most of you suggesting those craps of custom clients to new players ruining the whole game experience and the game itself.
Official client is of course far superior in every aspect....and cleverly designed....not saying you some information is part of the game and you need to start to understand this. But i guess you are used to all the new commercial craps games all around where if they don't say to you what to do you are completely lost in the game and simply cannot do anything instead of trying to understand and learn....this is a very bad thing....nobody use his brain anymore.

And btw I know why you always suggest those craps of custom clients, cause if more people use that you feel less guilty in cheating the game.....this is the reasoning behind it, and in this way you have an excuse to use it too..instead of trying harder with the default, being more challenging.....the easy way is almost never the right way, even to have fun with a videogame.
sMartins

Postby Chiprel2 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:55 am

sMartins wrote:Pls stop most of you suggesting those craps of custom clients to new players ruining the whole game experience.
Official client is of course far superior in every aspect....and cleverly designed....not saying you some information is part of the game and you need to start to understand this. But i guess you are used to all the new commercial craps games all around where if they don't say to you what to do you are completely lost in the game and simply cannot do anything instead of trying to understand and learn....this is a very bad thing....nobody use his brain anymore.

Pls stop most of you suggesting those craps of your imagination to old players ruining the whole game experience.
I only use official client. It's of course far superior in every aspect. (and cleverly designed). It's not telling me all of the relevant info and I love it as it's part of exploring the game.
I just love exploring and learning, not like you. Obviously obstructing whole game render area is clever design to show how confused you would be in real life while fighting.
Tunnel view etc. You are just too used to call of duty and other fps games to understand everything made on official client by jorbtar. I ask for twice as big icons in combat as I'm partially blind. Thanks in advance.

PS. Let me quote you. sMartins : "Pls stop most of you suggesting those craps of your imagination to old players ruining the whole game experience."
PSS. If you want to discuss it further I think you should pm Burinn on forums. I'm pretty sure she would love to talk to you about this whole issue.
Chiprel2

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:12 am

Yeah clearly hinding trees, pointing out strong boxes, enemy alert...etc...and all those craps are a much more clever way to design and to have fun with a videogame.
I'm asking myself why the creators of this game are not who made custom clients instead of those who made the official one.
We all know that the game is not perfect, and can improve....and btw already is improved a lot.
Maybe trying to suggest improvements is a bit better that hiding yourself behind cheats? what you think?
And the fun thing here is that if one (like me now) try to suggest improvements...someone comes and tell him it's his fault cause he is not using the crap custom client.
This is how bad your mentality is right now.....you feel free to keep destroying, i'm trying to build.
And from what i'm reading you are even a clever guy, even worse you cannot understand this.
sMartins

Postby CloudJhi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:59 am

Wow, nice derail.

+1 to the original idea by the way.
Cards and whatnot take so much space.
W3 to W6 - Blockland. Special mentions: New Avalon, Tarn of Hotdog, Red October.
W7 - Elvenia, til we all got lazy.
W8 - Cult of R'lyeh, til the deeps called us back.
W9 - Tartarus, til death/wizards came for the land itself.
W10 - ???, ruined and forgotten.
CloudJhi

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:45 pm

We've been after them to change the combat interface display for years now.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:57 pm

There is no perfect UI. Not sure this would be an improvement.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas