Logouts while in combat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Logouts while in combat

Postby bladeking230 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:45 am

I guess if it was fair that you could actually hit and kill an attacker with a bow or something even though they probably have combat bottled the game with different alts just to kill noobs. I get it.. pvp survival game. But definitly needs to work on its death system if a high level person that uses bots and other cheap tricks is going around killing people who may be potentially a paying client to the games developement.. just saying I don't know but sounds like if I was developing the game you'd be more worried about getting new and more paying clients then keeping one or two people who just like killing people who don't even have a chance to get to know the game.. don't know just an opinion <3
bladeking230

Postby jorb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:27 pm

Moved to critique and ideas.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:31 pm

bladeking230 wrote:But definitly needs to work on its death system if a high level person that uses bots and other cheap tricks is going around killing people who may be potentially a paying client to the games developement.. just saying I don't know but sounds like if I was developing the game you'd be more worried about getting new and more paying clients then keeping one or two people who just like killing people who don't even have a chance to get to know the game.. don't know just an opinion <3

This.

Sadly the one or two are louder when it comes to argue against changes, compared to the ones that experience them ingame (or just read through the forum to find out if this game would be for them) and think 'fuck this' and silently walk away...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:25 am

Saizouno wrote: (lets be honest there is no real defence mechanic for the ones getting raided)

But why bother with defending at all if you don't need to? Made the point yourself:

Saizouno wrote:spawn in a army of alts to safe the joicy loot

edit: will note I didn't particularly care for the way it was done in Salem (being able to use Theft on the player's lean-to), but then it does solve the problem of alt-vaulting.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Saizouno » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Saizouno wrote: (lets be honest there is no real defence mechanic for the ones getting raided)

But why bother with defending at all if you don't need to? Made the point yourself:

Saizouno wrote:spawn in a army of alts to safe the joicy loot

edit: will note I didn't particularly care for the way it was done in Salem (being able to use Theft on the player's lean-to), but then it does solve the problem of alt-vaulting.

Tbh... i think the alt army to safe the loot stuff is retarded and more like abusing an "intended" mechanism.
But i dont realyk now a solution on that one.
The "give more defense mechanism so that the defender has to do something and can do something" would probably only prevent a few from spawning their loot safer army
Saizouno

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas