Logouts while in combat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Logouts while in combat

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:13 pm

bmjclark wrote:I'm surprised everyone isn't just using the auto logout feature in amber.

I prefer to keep a general level of situational awareness about me, rather than spooking like a horse anytime I see an unfamiliar player. It carries some measure of risk, sure, but I'd prefer to keep playing the game rather than stopping for a time simply because someone who might mean me harm (but probably doesn't) showed up.

Usually a greeting, and watching them closely, is enough to suss out whether you need to skedaddle ASAP. Also their gear may or may not be a giveaway, if they're running straight at you in full armor with sword + shield, they're probably not foraging or looking to trade.

I'm a massive carebear and even I can't justify the autologout/autohearth to myself. Meeting unknown players is a fun and risky part of the experience.
Beezer12Washingbeard

Postby sMartins » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:35 pm

Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:if they're running straight at you in full armor with sword + shield

Lol :D...good guess :D
Btw yes, customs clients sucks and ruin the game, stop using them :D
I'm slowly shaping your minds and building a Default Client Army :D...I will found a Kingdom and I will call it D.C. = DEFAULT CLIENT ..... muahhuahahuhah :D
P.S. I'm joking...too lazy to found any kingdom, but still customs clients sucks :D
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby jordancoles » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:16 pm

How is this an intended mechanic?
Lol agro range is already short and line of sight as it is

People autologging on unkinned is incredibly unfun.

By the time you spin the camera around and find the guy on screen he's already half way out the door :|
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Granger » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:49 pm

jordancoles wrote:How is this an intended mechanic?

By the time you spin the camera around and find the guy on screen he's already half way out the door :|

Every 'combat' client I saw had auto-aggro. Any particular reason why anyone should believe that this was removed?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jordancoles » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Granger wrote:
jordancoles wrote:How is this an intended mechanic?

Every 'combat' client I saw had auto-aggro. Any particular reason why anyone should believe that this was removed?

Autoagro can be used for switching targets when fighting multiple enemies, and it is also a feature that helps to combat shit like autohearth and autologout.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:52 pm

jordancoles wrote:Autoagro can be used for switching targets when fighting multiple enemies, and it is also a feature that helps to combat shit like autohearth and autologout.

And it's also why they ended up being implemented in public clients, or perhaps you're forgetting the chronology of how that went down.

Face facts, the shitty custom client obsession that this community has and those player's own greediness in hiding their advantages from majority of the population are the main reasons for being in this position in the first place.
Kaios

Postby jordancoles » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 pm

Kaios wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Autoagro can be used for switching targets when fighting multiple enemies, and it is also a feature that helps to combat shit like autohearth and autologout.

And it's also why they ended up being implemented in public clients, or perhaps you're forgetting the chronology of how that went down.

Face facts, the shitty custom client obsession that this community has and those player's own greediness in hiding their advantages from majority of the population are the main reasons for being in this position in the first place.

And I don't care to argue any of that

Fix the logout cheese please

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Kaios » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:55 pm

I know u don't care because you're happy having an advantage over others and anything that negates that advantage is bad. Yes logging out while being aggrod is dumb but don't cry about it when you're just as guilty of "cheese" in other forms that devs don't even know about.
Kaios

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:58 pm

shubla wrote:help help
i cant kill noobs fast enough
fix pls
teleportation to sprucecaps
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby borka » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:07 pm

We should remember that auto hearth and auto logout was an answer to auto aggro ... there was a loud discussion about here at forums ...

I personally think: "You can't have one without the other" and being (auto) aggroed from distance one should have an opportunity - so i think it's fine that way (while i'm not using both autosomethings anyways ...) ... and nolifers should just try to catch up casuals next time :P
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas