Optional PVP

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Optional PVP

Postby Kaios » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:05 pm

More people would be interested in PvP if they would actually be able to participate in it, but they can't for various reasons, the main one being it's kind of hard to compete with zerg factions roaming the world in groups of 10-20 or more.

While there are many players that get to participate in the shitty aspect of pvp and that's getting owned by a major faction, I can't say I've ever heard a single one of those people tell me that they didn't have fun in a fight where they were more successful.

PvP in this game can be fun but unfortunately very few players actually get to experience that enjoyment.
Kaios

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 pm

Kaios wrote:More people would be interested in PvP if they would actually be able to participate in it, but they can't for various reasons, the main one being it's kind of hard to compete with zerg factions roaming the world in groups of 10-20 or more.

While there are many players that get to participate in the shitty aspect of pvp and that's getting owned by a major faction, I can't say I've ever heard a single one of those people tell me that they didn't have fun in a fight where they were more successful.

PvP in this game can be fun but unfortunately very few players actually get to experience that enjoyment.

In other words, get good. This game naturally leans into politics and hard work. If you get enough friends/allies and enough stats you will be happy while participating in victorious combat. It's not a nobrainer "time to go into a fight solo with my shitty character!"
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Kaios » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 pm

Well, no, I don't think those people need to "get good" either. I don't blame raiders for perpetuating the scenario any more than I do the players quitting after they get killed. I blame the mechanics and I blame the devs, the fault isn't on the player base for liking or not liking certain aspects of the game.

There should be things in place to alleviate these issues rather than simply forcing a player in to quitting because they can't dedicate more than a few hours each day to the game.
Kaios

Postby dafels » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
Kaios wrote:More people would be interested in PvP if they would actually be able to participate in it, but they can't for various reasons, the main one being it's kind of hard to compete with zerg factions roaming the world in groups of 10-20 or more.

In other words, get good. This game naturally leans into politics and hard work.

nah lol, it is about which group has more nolife people.
dafels

Postby shubla » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:11 pm

dafels wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:In other words, get good. This game naturally leans into politics and hard work.

nah lol, it is more about which group has more nolife people.

I think that he means exactly that with "hard work".
But does it really matter what you do? As long as you are enjoying it without like, killing other people or something. It is okay.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Avu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:49 pm

dafels wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:

In other words, get good. This game naturally leans into politics and hard work.

nah lol, it is about which group has more nolife people.

And alts and bots and alts and bots. But I guess they go hand in hand
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby stickman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 pm

What if you could still raid and kill but on the optional server you would die and respawn with a wound that would last X amount of time that would not allow you to commit criminal acts? You could still fight for resources and kill people and take their items... and if you killed the other dude he couldn't just come back in an hour and kill you back because he might have to wait a week before he can use black skills himself.

so... in the end they could still steal from you and take your claimed resources but you will always have your main account to start over with.
stickman

Postby Avu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:53 pm

I like that yeah could work for me.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas