Another Hunting/Combat sucks thread

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Another Hunting/Combat sucks thread

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:59 am

Why the admins they don't dev the game.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Ysh » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:40 am

Belliaum wrote:I just wanted to concur with OP and also send a big FUCK YOU to devs for my q10 bear due to 200 or so shots from my sling.....

You mad you bad?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Stuebi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:45 am

To actually suggest something constructive:

My main problem with the combat system are the random discoveries. The system itself is fine, imho (Or better put: I can't think of a better way of doing it).
Fundamentally, even the fact that you can unlock a dozen moves that need IP to be carried out, BEFORE actually getting a move that generates IP, is just nonsensical. This is amplified by the fact that you are lacking a very fundamental option in the base set you start out with, namely a move that reduces red opening. And I dont even mean because animals can use it, but because it literally means you are at the complete mercy of any player that has any sort of red causing attack. It seems lame to me that people starting out or restarting after a death have such a huge disadvantage against anyone established. It's already a blow to die skill/att wise, an extra "Up yours" in form of all combat abilities being taken away is just unnecessary.

Since complaining alone is unproductive, my idea to improve the system:

If you wanna keep the move discovery:

- Introduce a set order of discoveries, at least for the first couple. Making sure the player gets red defense and some form of ip generator. You could also tie it to the amount of points in UA/MC, which would make the progression a little more natural.

If you're willing to drop it:

- Tie them to Combat Abilities again. Paying for them in form of lp is at least something you can take into consideration while character deving and also avoids getting 20 combat abilities you dont want or even cant use.
Stuebi

Postby Belliaum » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:25 am

I now own a q10 deer hide.. thanks... took me 2 hours to track and kill.
Belliaum

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:34 am

Belliaum wrote:I now own a q10 deer hide.. thanks... took me 2 hours to track and kill.

Good work.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Belliaum » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:52 am

Yay q10 moose... I feel like that was another 2 hours wasted..... not to mention all my q 30 strings for arrows.
Belliaum

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas