Make palisade hand-bashable

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make palisade hand-bashable

Postby shubla » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Tammer wrote:A hermit should be able to go on vacation for a week or so without having to alt vault all their stuff and then rebuild their base.

I dont know what devs think of people like this. But I dont think that HnH is right game for casual people to play, and by casual I mean people that might go on vacation from HnH playing for week.

Im also pretty sure that if you have full auth on pclaim it takes more than week to go down.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Granger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:53 pm

shubla wrote:
Tammer wrote:A hermit should be able to go on vacation for a week or so without having to alt vault all their stuff and then rebuild their base.

I dont know what devs think of people like this. But I dont think that HnH is right game for casual people to play, and by casual I mean people that might go on vacation from HnH playing for week.
IMHO a game that dosn't allow you to take a week off (or two) for holiday is not worth playing.
Luckily H&H isn't that rude to the players, except that you have to jump through some hoops to preserve your chicken, bunnies and other lifestock.

Im also pretty sure that if you have full auth on pclaim it takes more than week to go down.

It does. That's why my opinion is that it shouldn't be shield but authority/presence that should be drained to weaken the walls, so you can't simply handbash the whole place after wrecking the shield.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby tyrtix » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:02 am

I played when pali were bashable, and i second the option, especially because it weights only for those non-deeded ones, for example, no more easy block of the cave entrances, and also because i like to clean decayed places, with some effort too, and this will help a lot in that.
tyrtix

Postby Dixel » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 am

tyrtix wrote:I played when pali were bashable, and i second the option, especially because it weights only for those non-deeded ones, for example, no more easy block of the cave entrances, and also because i like to clean decayed places, with some effort too, and this will help a lot in that.

they are not talking about decayed places, this guy just wants to raid easier.... this is a no-no in my book, we have come a long way to put this mechanics in place, u want to raid? it WILL cost you.... if that changes, as someone previously said, the first to go will be the newbies.... we need more players, not scare away the ones we have now....

i also played when palisades where hand bashable, back at W3, and IT SUCKS.... just wake up one day and all ur stuff is gone.... great way to destroy your player base....
Dixel

Postby tyrtix » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:15 am

Dixel wrote:
tyrtix wrote:I played when pali were bashable, and i second the option, especially because it weights only for those non-deeded ones, for example, no more easy block of the cave entrances, and also because i like to clean decayed places, with some effort too, and this will help a lot in that.

they are not talking about decayed places, this guy just wants to raid easier.... this is a no-no in my book, we have come a long way to put this mechanics in place, u want to raid? it WILL cost you.... if that changes, as someone previously said, the first to go will be the newbies.... we need more players, not scare away the ones we have now....

i also played when palisades where hand bashable, back at W3, and IT SUCKS.... just wake up one day and all ur stuff is gone.... great way to destroy your player base....

Wrong: i said things related to other elements of the game, and i second the idea of bashing down the palisades. You clearly don't have any idea of how really easy is to bash down the pally anyway with a ram/cat, and so fast, if you only want to, and even a wrecking ball is pretty easy to use: atm the only thing that prevents frequent raids, is the pclaim shield.
tyrtix

Postby shubla » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Dixel wrote:

Did you read the small groups of letters called words in the first post?
You would have to break claim shield before you could bash the palisade.
Currently its fucking stupid that even though you break 1 palisade and the claim shield, you cannot raid the whole place if it has lots of palisade around it. It is really easy to build lots of palisade, but destroying it even after claim shield is down is tedious and extremely time consuming. After the siege is down you should be able to plunder the place to ground, as destroying all the shield claim already took lots of time and materials. Palibashing when claim is down would fix this. And if you necessarily want some extra protection on top of claim shield you would have to build a brickwall.

This way also building brickwalls would make sense again. But as they are not that cheap to build compared to palisade walls, people probably wouldnt build a bunch of them in their places.

For example you could have outern palisade and inner brickwall. If they would break the claim shield and get through palisade, they would have to use siege equipment and stuff on the brickwall as well.
Currently you can just build many layers of palisade easily and slow down siege significantly and also make it a lot more tedious to siege down your place and destroy all walls. Which is stupid.

This is good example of OP palisade. Its cheap easy and quick to build but to raid it you will have to construct a lot of siege equipment. There are more extreme examples that I have seen in the game.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:35 pm

I get dem feels, shubla. Good thing I haven't seen a truly valid exception to the proposal yet.

IMO, brick walls shouldn't be an exception, either, but with the stat caps and soak of a brick wall, there's not really much point in using a sledgehammer on it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby boreial » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:11 am

restating my preference on this matter, if the claim/s are out of authority then yes the palisades should be bashable, corresponding to their soak value, IE: lower the soak value the easier to bash since logically if the wall is not being taken care of, as is simulated by the claim coverage, then it is in disrepair and easier to damage.

if the Claims are just sieged down, then only walls actually damaged by the siege, should be affected (not sure if a claim down due to seige mechanics is different from a claim down due to no upkeep from LP gain of claim holder/village authority.) If it is different then I do not see an issue with treating the wall decay from authority being at 0 for both village and personal claims when the case is the wall is covered by both, or if only covered by 1 then the one covering it being the authority being the determining factor of whether a wall is bashable or not.

IF the mechanics of it are the same as siege then, NO, hand bashing should not be re-implemented since gaining entry though a well maintained wall does not make sense UNLESS your siege equipment is actually targeting the wall to initialize damage that can weaken it to the point where the damage COULD be continued by hand. such as if the soak remaining is 25% or less of full value.
boreial

Postby riker88 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:57 pm

I think walls should be easily taken down when the claim runs out, but not by hand. I think sledge hammer at a minimum should he required..

A wrecking ball is another option, and perhaps more realistic.
riker88

Postby Potjeh » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Bashing on empty shield is fine, but hand bashing should never be able to damage the shield.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas