Make palisade hand-bashable

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make palisade hand-bashable

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:53 am

As long as the current rules are in place, I can't really see a reason to bring this back. It's just not going to be effective and will only really give something to easily loot an abandoned claim.

I still stand by my statement above, though, if you're going to do any of this.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:55 am

Palisades on a claim become hand bashable when it is out of authority: will just remove the need to place a battering ram (and the corresponding 24h delay).

Should they become hand bashable when the claim is out of shield: will most likely result in rage-quits, as it'll enable swift, complete destruction of lower-tier bases. On the other hand it'll remove shenanigans with cheap additional palisades here and there to stop access/looting (or force visitor). Effectively it'll just lead to palisades being replaced with brickwall, higher cost as of the steel hoops to jump through but bottom line same effect and the discussion will then switch to make brickwall hand-bashable.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby fallout » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:19 am

Are battering rams not 4hours? Isnt this fine the way it is? Bringing back palibashing will allow you to raid an entire village if all their inner walls are palisade, requiring a battering ram for each wall was a long thought out change all ready was it not?
fallout

Postby Granger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:36 am

Sorry, ment wrecking ball.
Granger

Postby Ukhata » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:17 am

not everything should be bashable by hand.... no matter the strentgh...

doesnt matter how strong you are. youll break your hand on a tree or a brick wall well before you make a decent dent in it.

breakable with sledge hammer / 2h axe and enough strentgh? sure.
Ukhata

Postby Onep » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:52 am

Ukhata wrote:not everything should be bashable by hand.... no matter the strentgh...

doesnt matter how strong you are. youll break your hand on a tree or a brick wall well before you make a decent dent in it.

Yeah, I kind of agree. I don't think walls should be bashable by hand. Wrecking balls aren't that hard to make and if a claim has gone in active I don't see a wrecking ball being such a big deal.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Granger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:53 am

Ukhata wrote:not everything should be bashable by hand.... no matter the strentgh...

The 'hand bashable' means that you don't need siege equipment (and related mechanics, like the time gates and the fuel cost) to break stuff.
Granger

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:55 am

Onep wrote:

Yeah, I kind of agree. I don't think walls should be bashable by hand. Wrecking balls aren't that hard to make and if a claim has gone in active I don't see a wrecking ball being such a big deal.

Larpiness aside, the whole purpose of wrecking balls and the waiting system is so that you can't bash into active players' villages without a fight. Players with no authority/no claim are generally inactive.

If you want larpy, think of it like this: A wall in an abandoned village might be flimsy and easy to break down.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Dixel » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 am

fallout wrote:Are battering rams not 4hours? Isnt this fine the way it is? Bringing back palibashing will allow you to raid an entire village if all their inner walls are palisade, requiring a battering ram for each wall was a long thought out change all ready was it not?

i agree with fallout here, if you have multiple layers of walls, this change would make it simpler to destroy the inner walls (since you destroy the shield with the outter wall, and then just charge by hand into the inner walls). i strongly suggest not to make this change.
Dixel

Postby stya » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:13 am

Or make palis/bwall gradually lose soak as they lose hp? On claims they won't lose them unless the shield is down and shield is the main protection so it probably won't make a big difference.

Now if a pali is on a decayed claim and has 50% hp, it gets like maybe 50% soak and is hand bashable.

Just my idea :D
stya

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas