Make palisade hand-bashable

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make palisade hand-bashable

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:22 am

stya wrote:Or make palis/bwall gradually lose soak as they lose hp? On claims they won't lose them unless the shield is down and shield is the main protection so it probably won't make a big difference.

Now if a pali is on a decayed claim and has 50% hp, it gets like maybe 50% soak and is hand bashable.

Just my idea :D

eh why overcomplicate things
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby boreial » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:38 am

perhaps a bit of clarification here, is a claim that is out of authority the same as a claim that has been brought to zero using siege mechanics?
boreial

Postby Granger » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:18 am

boreial wrote:perhaps a bit of clarification here, is a claim that is out of authority the same as a claim that has been brought to zero using siege mechanics?

No. Depleted shield allows hitting objects with siege weapons while drained authority disables the claims permission enforcement and decay protection.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby shubla » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:59 am

Idea is to make raiding of active places that have lots of palisade around them easier. Not necessarily to make raiding of inactive places easy.
Sieging and breaking shield claim of active place is already very tedious and difficult thing to do. If you have to break lots of walls in top of that, it takes lot of time and effort.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby iamahh » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 pm

the same way wounds only hurts the newbies, this change will only hurt the hermits and peaceful players

specially with titans of 2000 stats walking around, the moment my walls are attacked I'll just uninstall the game because I'm far away from those stats and the pvp in this game is not attractive... also titans scents are probably undetectable for most players because stealth...

even if stats were capped, attackers usually come in numbers
iamahh

Postby shubla » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:13 pm

iamahh wrote:the same way wounds only hurts the newbies, this change will only hurt the hermits and peaceful players

specially with titans of 2000 stats walking around, the moment my walls are attacked I'll just uninstall the game because I'm far away from those stats and the pvp in this game is not attractive... also titans scents are probably undetectable for most players because stealth...

even if stats were capped, attackers usually come in numbers

In what way would this hurt newbies?
Did you even read the OP?
I think what it would do is quite the opposite.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:23 pm

iamahh wrote:wounds only hurts the newbies

What?

Also why does every self proclaimed "good guy" and peaceful player feel entitled to not being attacked/bothered? This might seem overused but this isn't Farmville. If you're getting harassed by high stat guys in numbers, become allied to one of those groups, or join them.
NOOBY93

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:31 pm

shubla wrote:Idea is to make raiding of active places that have lots of palisade around them easier. Not necessarily to make raiding of inactive places easy.
Sieging and breaking shield claim of active place is already very tedious and difficult thing to do. If you have to break lots of walls in top of that, it takes lot of time and effort.

As it should. Playing aggressively has always been more expensive then playing 'peacefully' there needs to be a high cost to it to deter random just griefing. In order for it to be worth your while the person has to have something actually worth taking. Personally I feel tearing down a palisade by hand is a little bit OP.

A better solution is to shorten the dry time on a wrecking ball, cut it in half even. 12 hours is a much more reasonable time frame then 24. Heck even if it were 10 Its still way slower then the expensive siege weapons, and you'll still need thoes to like bash a brick wall.

Currently I do indeed feel 'unraidable' as it were because Its unlikely a wrecking ball will dry before the time I see it, and I simply dont have anything worth spending the brimstone to take, and you should never feel that safe in haven.

Still Palisades would be essentially rendered useless past the first quarter or less of any world if they were hand bash-able as more and more characters reached the stats needed to do it.

Tl;DR
No hand bashing Palisades, just make wrecking ball dry faster
Pinkie-Pie

Postby iamahh » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:44 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
iamahh wrote:wounds only hurts the newbies

What?

Also why does every self proclaimed "good guy" and peaceful player feel entitled to not being attacked/bothered? This might seem overused but this isn't Farmville. If you're getting harassed by high stat guys in numbers, become allied to one of those groups, or join them.

the other day a newbie was asking for deer antlers because he couldn't craft his medicine, and that's just one wound type

nobody is claiming to be a good guy, but let's see how many players will still play this farmville once you rule out the hermits and peaceful players who are sane enough to not seek pvp in a game that resembles an endless RTS match without stat caps...

there's no way in hell i'll ever join a group, it's just drama and pain, and trouble you didn't ask for coming for you... i'll just halt playing the only thing this game is worth playing, and that's not pvp at all
iamahh

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 pm

iamahh wrote:there's no way in hell i'll ever join a group, it's just drama and pain, and trouble you didn't ask for coming for you...

What? I've played this game hermitting for about 3 years and THAT was drama, pain and trouble from being raided and randomly killed and such. Ever since I'm a faction player I have no trouble, more or less no drama, no pain, just having fun, going to fights (BECAUSE I want to, if you don't that's fine too), etc. This game, as is, is pretty much "join/ally a faction or fuck you"
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas