Crafting Curios and Finding Curios Consumes Too Much Time

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Crafting Curios and Finding Curios Consumes Too Much Tim

Postby linkfanpc » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
CSPAN wrote:Sure, but who's going to want to actually play like that? Do you have a do-it-all character with no alts? DO you have alts? Why?

I do have a do-it-all character with no alts.

I also have alts, but they are completely separate from character #1, they are isolated hermitages with no support from each other or my main.

Because I'm playing a fucking permadeath game and so I thought, just maybe, I'd play a permadeath game where dying meant you... holy shit... lose everything like you're supposed to.

I also prefer the experience of a community where everyone focuses on something different and there's a reason to trade between neighbors when you have a deficit in some resource or skill area.

Because it's more FUN that way, and I don't break when I die because I'm not a fucking testicle.

(Forget calling people pussies, those things can take a pounding.. Testicles are fragile.)

You sound like my kind of guy. ;) :)
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:47 pm

Damn I don't even play in this world.

First off, Kaios. Are you really trying to defend anything that deals with alts? I agree Alts are the Cancer of H&H, I agree that Bots and Alts are the #1 problem with H&H, I agree also that there should not be 1 character only for everything as it deals with"all your eggs in ya basket" concept. But would have no problem doing that IF the playing field were even, but with Bots and Alts(talkin many, many bots, not just a Miner Alt) that Field ain't even in sight.

|The game should never make it easier to use bots period. Unfortunately like you have stated though with, for instance, studydeskts, the Devs did not go in a step to eliminate bots, they went in a step to give all non bot users a way to narrow the gap. Not a Huge way, but a way nevertheless

Second, CSPAN. I don't see what you are/were so upset about. It was never the Devs intention for a player to have many many alts. Hell I'm pretty sure the Devs only wanted us to have 1 char. So with that said, can you keep 1 char constantly filled? of Course. Also, you do understand the concept of Perma-Death think of it as real life, if you shoot yourself in the head with a 12 guage shotgun deer slug, Good chance you won't live through that. IE you are Dead. . . per·ma·nent·ly. All this fuss about not having enough time has been caused by you and no one else.

J & L never Forced you to make more than one character.

Finally, Players don't be mad about the side effects of an abuse mechanic that 99% of the player base uses, be upset about the fact the Devs are not willing/unable to kill the abuse mechanic in the first place. IE Alts.

PS: Hrenli don't let em get ya down. some people will never see the light even if ya blind em with it. while others won't accept the life jacket even though their feet are already in the water.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby Kaios » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:54 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:First off, Kaios. Are you really trying to defend anything that deals with alts? I agree Alts are the Cancer of H&H, I agree that Bots and Alts are the #1 problem with H&H, I agree also that there should not be 1 character only for everything as it deals with"all your eggs in ya basket" concept. But would have no problem doing that IF the playing field were even, but with Bots and Alts(talkin many, many bots, not just a Miner Alt) that Field ain't even in sight.

Yes, I really am. The devs have been pushing the game further and further away from a single character being even remotely beneficial and making alts the way to go. I don't like it, in fact I hate it, but it is what it is.

Those factions out raiding in big groups aren't likely using their mains to kill you so what exactly makes you think it's a good idea to go fight them with a main of your own? Is it fun losing all that progress in an impossible fight? I am not sure a "main" is even a concept that can be applied to most of the people that play this game now.
Kaios

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Kaios wrote:Yes, I really am. The devs have been pushing the game further and further away from a single character being even remotely beneficial and making alts the way to go. I don't like it, in fact I hate it, but it is what it is.

Those factions out raiding in big groups aren't likely using their mains to kill you so what exactly makes you think it's a good idea to go fight them with a main of your own? Is it fun losing all that progress in an impossible fight? I am not sure a "main" is even a concept that can be applied to most of the people that play this game now.

Kaios practical and theoretical are two different things.

fact is on the forums we may not be practical but should damn well be Theoretical.

unless you adopt the mechanics and ethos of the biggest faction here, you will never be able to be equal/keep up with them. So by defending, either go Full on for them or Full on against them.

There really is no middle ground here m8
joojoo1975

Postby CSPAN » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:03 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:Second, CSPAN. I don't see what you are/were so upset about. It was never the Devs intention for a player to have many many alts. Hell I'm pretty sure the Devs only wanted us to have 1 char. So with that said, can you keep 1 char constantly filled? of Course. Also, you do understand the concept of Perma-Death think of it as real life, if you shoot yourself in the head with a 12 guage shotgun deer slug, Good chance you won't live through that. IE you are Dead. . . per·ma·nent·ly. All this fuss about not having enough time has been caused by you and no one else.

As you said you're not playing this world. So it's incredibly easy for you to take this kind of stance. Yes, this game is labeled permadeath, and as you put it, keeping all of your eggs in a basket is a sure fire way to get 50 shades of fucked up. People have alts because it's safer and having a do-it-all character is slower than dividing it into different characters. I am kind of confused about how your message to me ties together. Not once have I complained about permadeath, this thread is not about permadeath. Devs intention (or at least the general perception) is known, I do not refute this. I never said I don't have the time, I am saying I think it's consuming too much time, there is a difference. I can see how my frustrated writing style at OP can give you this impression however, it's a bit dramatic, I'll give you that lol

PS. He's not "down", the gentleman is just on the forums to shit on anyone he possibly can, and doesn't actually care. And your analogy is grasping at straws.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Kaios » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:05 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:Kaios practical and theoretical are two different things.

fact is on the forums we may not be practical but should damn well be Theoretical.

unless you adopt the mechanics and ethos of the biggest faction here, you will never be able to be equal/keep up with them. So by defending, either go Full on for them or Full on against them.

There really is no middle ground here m8

You just said you're not playing this world so how would you know what it's been like so far? Last world my people could go out at least in evenings for foraging and be relatively safe but so far in this world there have been deaths during both NA and EU prime times since the first few days and not much sign of slowing down.

I predict the player count will lower significantly over the next month.
Kaios

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:24 pm

@ both of you

I am not playing this world because I really don't see the reason to. World 3 has been the best time for me in H&H, I would love to say World 2 but I was way too new back then.

@ Kaios

Since World 5(or whatever world they introduced curios), I could care less bout foraging cause I only had 2 alts(one nature and one industry) and only did I change that last world as I threw in a throwaway miner alt as I was worried what would happen if my miner alt popped a troll. I never got any clarification on if he would have a chance to run away or not. and I do not Bot period, another reason I haven't joined a village since W3. I like the game I like Some of the mechanics, but I know full well that I will never have a chance against most if not all pvp players/factions as 99% of them have alts(a ton of alts) and Bot. Fuck it, I loved this game and only Wurm is the other game I have found so far that can Kinda scratch my "H&H itch" but that game is just as fucked as this game is by far, but for different reasons.

@ CSPAN

Check what I wrote previously as that will also address your last statements for the most part. other than that, would it consume too much time if you only had to do this for 1 char? and as for Hrenli you may say what you feel, but I honestly thought he wasn't be an ass tard like so many posters in H&H are. Hell I thought he had some great arguments.
joojoo1975

Postby CSPAN » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Of course it wouldn't. But playing one character isn't realistic right now, and you know why, so the question is moot.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby joojoo1975 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:33 pm

CSPAN wrote:Of course it wouldn't. But playing one character isn't realistic right now, and you know why, so the question is moot.

well I gots to get ready for work

overall this was a good discussion. not what I am used to seeing in the forums

thankyou both for that.

and my final statement to you Sir!

Is the question moot?

peace
joojoo1975

Postby Kaios » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:35 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:Is the question moot?

You already know it is because you gave the exact reasons why

joojoo1975 wrote:I like the game I like Some of the mechanics, but I know full well that I will never have a chance against most if not all pvp players/factions as 99% of them have alts(a ton of alts) and Bot.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas