Broken Archery

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Broken Archery

Postby apoc254 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:00 am

Yo. I know you think archery is working fine and stuff... but let me explain something to you.
These are my crap stats: (take note of the Underlined ones...)
Values
Strength 26
Agility 19
Intelligence 21
Constitution 25
Perception 31
Charisma 18
Dexterity 22
Will 10
Psyche 11
Unarmed Combat 6
Melee Combat 1
Marksmanship 20
Exploration 12
Stealth 1
Sewing 1
Smithing 1
Masonry 9
Carpentry 5
Cooking 1
Farming 1
Survival 21
Lore 1

I don't grind stats, I am a filthy casual. These took me about 2 weeks to obtain in my casual ways. I am able to kill foxes, badger, boar and wolverine.
The arrows I use seem to cap quality... so basically I am stuck grinding survival to make better arrows.

This is the life of an archer. I can not even think about hunting any bigger game since the damage goes from about 100 a shot on animals mentioned above to something like 15 per shot on deer.(I know... these armor plated deer are working as intended, but hear me out.)

I will not be using unarmed attacks for anything but luring animals back to me and trapping. This will be my struggle going forward, grind more survival... make better arrows and maybe one day get over this giant gap of damage.

I will use my hilarious tactics shown below to keep killing animals while getting no damage or possibly a knicks and knacks of about 5 dmg. Your extreme nerfing of archery will not keep me from my safe distance killings. Bottom line is, this extreme nerfing isn't working. you might as well take the grind back out of archery and try a different tactic.

my luring of prey to an area the AI cant escape from since I make him flee in the direction away from the exit and then corner him.

my killing shot and 4 knicks and knacks that has healed since typing this.( victory is still mine, even with this terrible damage and pointless capping of quality.)
apoc254

Re: Broken Archery

Postby abt79 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:03 am

It's not that the quality of arrows caps quality, just that EVERY arrow you use decreases the quality by a certain amount.

Id recommend avoiding archery entirely, just punch then restore openings from the safety of a boat in deep water
abt79

Postby apoc254 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:10 am

I am an archer. I refuse to use the combat system outside archery on this character. If that means low Q hides until I have crazy high lvl arrows and marksmanship... that is my fate.
apoc254

Postby Leafstab » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:41 am

abt79 wrote:It's not that the quality of arrows caps quality, just that EVERY arrow you use decreases the quality by a certain amount.

Id recommend avoiding archery entirely, just punch then restore openings from the safety of a boat in deep water

Your wrong. Arrows do cap the quality, the amount of arrows shot only matter if each arrow is below the quality of the animal
:lol:
Leafstab

Postby TheLoli » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:47 am

Leafstab wrote:
abt79 wrote:It's not that the quality of arrows caps quality, just that EVERY arrow you use decreases the quality by a certain amount.

Your wrong. Arrows do cap the quality, the amount of arrows shot only matter if each arrow is below the quality of the animal
:lol:

I might be mistaken.. but I seem to recall that this is not the case with metal arrows. Only the bone and stone arrows softcap the quality. That or I dreamt it. But yeah.. I loved being a pure ranged character before myself. Ranged just feels so pointless now though. x3
TheLoli

Return to Critique & Ideas