Make MC great again!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Make MC great again!

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:30 am

everyone would go full melee
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:44 am

NOOBY93 wrote:everyone would go full melee

I think armor penetration for UA attacks should be increased in that case. I also think grievous damage that should be the UA feature is currently useless and can be reworked
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Potjeh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:53 am

UA and MC would feel exactly the same then, though. With my suggestion UA would be better for openings and MC would be better for damage, so there's a meaningful choice in what you focus on. Plus, this is a lot less work to implement than rebalancing UA and MC from the ground up.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby CTheRain » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:15 am

Is there any reason melee isn't more similar to how archery is? Like free aim? :?: :?:
We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.
CTheRain

Postby azrid » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:05 am

Just remove MC like archery was.
azrid

Postby Onep » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:10 am

Seems silly to pidgeon hole people into mono skill builds. Just use Knock its Teeth Out if you're so desperate for red.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Potjeh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:18 pm

The current situation is mono-skill (UA) builds all the way, though :?:
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:34 pm

It's always going to be UA or melee (the one that is currently the best one, that's the one people will use).

You can't make both equally viable at the same time, unless you make hybrid builds the only way to go (level both at the same time, bad to have either at a very low value), and at that point why not just remove them and add one called "Combat"
NOOBY93

Postby Potjeh » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:38 pm

The thing with hybrids is that there's no right ratio that fits every style, so there's a degree of decision making involved. In group fights especially specializing in just one could be a good choice.

As it is, they can remove MC and rename UA to "combat".
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Potjeh wrote:The thing with hybrids is that there's no right ratio that fits every style, so there's a degree of decision making involved. In group fights especially specializing in just one could be a good choice.

As it is, they can remove MC and rename UA to "combat".

Group fights don't work that way, so you can't have people specializing in certain things then coordinate accordingly. Most fighters will always use the optimal way to level your character which is why I don't see much sense in there being both UA and melee. One will always be better, and while one could argue "but some people don't want to min-max", sure, you can go to fights with 10 unarmed combat and 500 sewing as well, but you don't balance combat around people who don't play optimally. Right now UA is the best, leveling Melee is pointless. If melee weapon damage was tied to the Melee Combat skill, then leveling it would be mandatory, alongside with unarmed combat (at which point, remove both and add Combat). If melee was given openings AND the damage thing, then everyone would go full melee. If melee was only given more opening moves, people would, again, use what opens the best (and has best stances etc.)
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas