Restoring energy change ideas

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Restoring energy change ideas

Postby Oswald3 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:09 pm

I feel like we could use something like trail mix where there's a little bit of a few ingredients involved and it boosts energy but not satiations/FEPs.
"Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them."-Dion Boucicault
Oswald3

Postby isdel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:15 pm

They could remove the hunger and variety bonus from beetroot leaves, though that still requires finding seeds and farming at the very least.
isdel

Postby sabinati » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:45 pm

it's not that hard to restore energy. l2p
sabinati

Postby Kirche » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:56 pm

sabinati wrote:it's not that hard to restore energy. l2p

agreed, alt spam is a feature, no change necessary, anybody who doesn't bot should just l2p and bot. :roll:
Last edited by Kirche on Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirche

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:00 pm

sabinati wrote:it's not that hard to restore energy. l2p

I can restore my energy easily already, but this encourages alt spam for people who can't, get the fuck out of this thread
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby sabinati » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:06 pm

making fishwraps, nut jerky, frog legs, or rat on a stick is 2 hard 4 me, devs pls fix
sabinati

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:10 pm

sabinati wrote:making fishwraps, nut jerky, frog legs, or rat on a stick is 2 hard 4 me, devs pls fix

If I had a choice between filling up my hunger with worthless shit because of lack of energy or making an alt, I would make an alt. This mechanic makes 0 sense. Stop trying to be edgy and disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing
NOOBY93

Postby Ysh » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:42 pm

I think this hunger toggle has been good idea for a while.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby sabinati » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:55 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
sabinati wrote:making fishwraps, nut jerky, frog legs, or rat on a stick is 2 hard 4 me, devs pls fix

If I had a choice between filling up my hunger with worthless shit because of lack of energy or making an alt, I would make an alt. This mechanic makes 0 sense. Stop trying to be edgy and disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing

i'm not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. managing hunger, energy, satations, fep, and stats are half of the character development, and you want to bypass that, which is dumb and bad. the foods i listed are good early game high energy food, when you are in mid to late game you can make various baked goods and sausages and eat stuff that isn't "worthless shit". hth
sabinati

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:00 pm

sabinati wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:

i'm not disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. managing hunger, energy, satations, fep, and stats are half of the character development, and you want to bypass that, which is dumb and bad. the foods i listed are good early game high energy food, when you are in mid to late game you can make various baked goods and sausages and eat stuff that isn't "worthless shit". hth

Thanks for explaining me how to eat food, would be useful if I didn't know it already, but I'll try to put it in simple terms:

Complex mechanics that require effort will be bypassed by alt spam if possible. Removal of some complexity in order to reduce alt spam is GOOD THING
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas