Fireflies

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Fireflies

Postby Tsutla » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:47 pm

Night-spawned gather.

- can be used as bait
- can be put in glass jar nad used as curio or climatic light source
- can be a low level curio in itself
- could be a seasonal spawn

the possibilities are endless!
Tsutla

Re: Fireflies

Postby Granger » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Nice idea.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Tsutla » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Tsutla

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:11 pm

I was out gathering dragonflies last night and kept saying "fireflies"... realized I wanted night-spawned fireflies to gather. XD
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Redkat » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:47 pm

i'd say Yay. :)
Redkat

Postby viznew » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:03 am

They are winged beetles, commonly called fireflies or lightning bugs, abdomen may be yellow, green, or pale red ,Fireflies are predatory when young, but as adults they usually eat plant pollen and nectar The larvae of the firefly mainly eat the larvae of snails and slugs, the larvae and even the eggs emit light. Firefly eggs have been observed to flash in response to stimulus such as gentle tapping or vibrations, An adult firefly lives only long enough to mate and lay eggs—so they may not need to eat during their adult life stage. The larvae usually live for approximately one year, from mating season to mating season, before becoming adults and giving birth to the next generation

there was some talk of beetles so chould be attached to that mabye, also mabye if snails and slugs make a showing mabye chould make a breed and feed system for them
ImageImage
viznew

Postby Ysh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:08 am

viznew wrote:They are winged beetles, commonly called fireflies or lightning bugs, abdomen may be yellow, green, or pale red ,Fireflies are predatory when young, but as adults they usually eat plant pollen and nectar The larvae of the firefly mainly eat the larvae of snails and slugs, the larvae and even the eggs emit light. Firefly eggs have been observed to flash in response to stimulus such as gentle tapping or vibrations, An adult firefly lives only long enough to mate and lay eggs—so they may not need to eat during their adult life stage. The larvae usually live for approximately one year, from mating season to mating season, before becoming adults and giving birth to the next generation

there was some talk of beetles so chould be attached to that mabye, also mabye if snails and slugs make a showing mabye chould make a breed and feed system for them

Lantern insect is common names too. Seeing here.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby hkrile » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:31 pm

this actually sounds really cool! +1
W 7-9 Simple and humble hermit
W 10 Member of the Red Abyss and servant of The Northern Kingdom
hkrile

Postby delsus » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:04 pm

+1
delsus