Legal uncertainty and cheating

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Legal uncertainty and cheating

Postby pedorlee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:12 pm

Most of you and obviously jorb know about that term: legal uncertainty.

Legal certainty is a principle in national and international law which holds that the law must provide those subject to it with the ability to regulate their conduct. Legal certainty is internationally recognised as a central requirement for the rule of law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_certainty

Legal uncertainty happens when the principle of the law gets broken and citizens and people from other countries doesn't have the conviction that laws will be applied.
When this happens foreign investors doesnt invest and the own citizens prefer not to because they can easily lose all.
This term can be extrapolated to any game in the world, and furthermore to the MMO's like Haven and hearth.
If a new player starts playing and learns the basics, and then learn the pvp system but gets killed by cheaters, or by people who abuse mechanics in ways they weren't meant to and they aren't punished for that, then the game will get bad reviews and will loose inhabitants or players. It's logical and its happening every world mostly by the same people, by the same veterans who world after world abuse and cheat.

This is a call for the developers to do something about it. It's impossible to try to fight or play against people that will find a way to kill you without any effort. Leggit players spend their time in this game because they love it, and diying in this game is specially hard because of the permadeath, imagine diying because of cheaters!

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=54397

Check this please.
Thanks
pedorlee

Re: Legal uncertainty and cheating

Postby ven » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:25 pm

Thats indeed a problem but the only practical solutions I can see are either no-alt mechanics or private servers and quite frankly none are going to happen, sadly.
Venator
ven

Postby pedorlee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 pm

ven wrote:Thats indeed a problem but the only practical solutions I can see are either no-alt mechanics or private servers and quite frankly none are going to happen, sadly.

It's easier than that: 0 tolerance politic.

Once this things happen and they are demonstrated devs must ban the accounts involved.
In Spain we have a proverb that says: "Muerto el perro se acabó la rabia" wich translated is "Dead dogs don't bite".

The mercy devs have shown in previous worlds have lead to this situation. It's time to show strenght and determination.
We are costumers and we spend time and money so we want in return justice.
pedorlee

Postby iamahh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:44 pm

the easier solution is stop being dumb
iamahh

Postby pedorlee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:49 pm

iamahh wrote:the easier solution is stop being dumb

Well, imo beeing dumb is loosing the chance of killing a guy way clever than you by letting yourself beeing baitted to land while he doesnt even have armor and let that one stole your boat and scaping while laughing. Thats being dumb. Being a cheater isnt beeing clever.
pedorlee

Postby shubla » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Either devs are dumbest devs ever.
Or then they dont develop HnH with only money in their mind.
Im pretty sure its the latter one.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby sMartins » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Being a Sandbox MMO there is no meritocracy, here the strongest is who play more, so if you have some crazy man that play 24/7 everyday of his life he could easily kill everybody in the server. (and of course even worst if you have a bunch of people who play 24/7)
The solution is in communities and player interactions, the game should try to incentivate more those things to happen....and then we will have more justice too.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Kirche » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:00 pm

If jorb and loftar have done nothing to fix the mechanics despite knowing of how awful they are, there should be no punishment for the players who abuse them

This exploit has been brought up, along with building signs, and then people argue for it being a legitimate mechanic that shouldn't be changed, so if you want someone to be angry with, you should be angry with the developers, not the players who are using what should be considered valid mechanics if they are KNOWN to be exploitable but still have not been fixed in favor of adding new animals every week.
Kirche

Postby pedorlee » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:06 pm

sMartins wrote:Being a Sandbox MMO there is no meritocracy, here the strongest is who play more, so if you have some crazy man that play 24/7 everyday of his life he could easily kill everybody in the server. (and of course even worst if you have a bunch of people who play 24/7)
The solution is in communities and player interactions, the game should try to incentivate more those things to happen....and then we will have more justice too.

There is no justice if there is no judge to apply it or if that one act weakly against the ones that break the law. This shit will keep happening as long as devs don't act without mercy.
Look at those cocky faggots beeing brave about what they do because they know there is no punishment.
I got up at 3:50 at night, and become tired next day, just to go and fight those obviously bad players and less clever, just to see one of my partners beeing instakilled by an abuse.
Interaction and politics its what we are doing but nobody is ready to be defeated by cheaters.
This needs to end.
pedorlee

Postby Potjeh » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 pm

But this wasn't cheating, it's intended behavior. Whether it's good design is a whole different discussion, but it's definitely not cheating.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas