Let us use all attacks/moves

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Let us use all attacks/moves

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:34 am

The existence of decks makes some niche abilities like storm of swords a big no-no to have in your deck and will never get used.

Why not just do it legacy-style letting people use all moves they have so some moves could finally see usage? Go for the jugular, storm of swords, ravens bite, etc. these have very interesting niches but right now everyone runs basically the same 3-4 decks.

There's literally 0 reason to have decks as a thing, the hotkeys 1 2 3 4 5 block the hotbar 1 2 3 4 5 slots anyway, why not just let us put moves into the hotbars and be done with it?

Shed some light on why decks are a thing or simply remove them please.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Re: Let us use all attacks/moves

Postby MrPunchers » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:58 am

Decks are ok they just need to introduce more different moves to make deck size actually matter. Raven's Bite will never be good, nor will Regain Composure, Yield Ground, or Tear Apart, since they all have some limiting factor that makes them bad, such as Raven's Bite having a 4 IP cost, slow cooldown, sub-par openings, and being laughed at by Chop.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Ysh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 am

NOOBY93 wrote:right now everyone runs basically the same 3-4 decks.

If you can use all move then everyone runs the same 1 deck.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby jordancoles » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 am

Ysh wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:right now everyone runs basically the same 3-4 decks.

If you can use all move then everyone runs the same 1 deck.

lel
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby azrid » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:51 am

More moves and more weapons.
Right now its a really boring card game.
azrid

Postby LadyV » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:40 am

No I think uniqueness and diversity allows an unknown that should make combat more dynamic.
LadyV

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:52 am

LadyV wrote:No I think uniqueness and diversity allows an unknown that should make combat more dynamic.

What are you talking about? Why are you making combat suggestions? Uniqueness and diversity? Everyone uses the same moves, the only "diversity" is the stances or uppercut vs knock his teeth out, and so many moves don't see light because they're too niche to be put into a deck. You would see clever move usage diversity if everyone would be able to do every move
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby LadyV » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:56 am

NOOBY93 wrote: You would see clever move usage diversity if everyone would be able to do every move

Are you kidding me? It would go back to legacy style where everything is a preplaned maneuver you this to counter that. Diversity comes when everyone has different options and you learn to make what you have work or refine it.
LadyV

Postby jordancoles » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:12 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
LadyV wrote:No I think uniqueness and diversity allows an unknown that should make combat more dynamic.

What are you talking about? Why are you making combat suggestions? Uniqueness and diversity? Everyone uses the same moves, the only "diversity" is the stances or uppercut vs knock his teeth out, and so many moves don't see light because they're too niche to be put into a deck. You would see clever move usage diversity if everyone would be able to do every move

No you wouldn't
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Moonpoppy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:23 pm

What would be better... is if the other less used combat moves were "buffed" abit... to fall inline with the current OP dec(s).
Moonpoppy

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas