theft nidbanes shud steal and vandal shud bash

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: theft nidbanes shud steal and vandal shud bash

Postby Ysh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:39 pm

vatas wrote:Theft nidbane tries to steal item back = nobody will trust to trade because if people scent stuff they sell they can simply send spooky scary nidbane to get it back.

Show if item is scented in tooltips. Do not allow scent item on barterstand.
vatas wrote:Vandalism has similar problems, how are you sure that it delivers appropriate punishment that targets the perpetrator?

Just have it break stuff on claim random.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Teleskop » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 pm

vatas wrote:Theft nidbane tries to steal item back = nobody will trust to trade because if people scent stuff they sell they can simply send spooky scary nidbane to get it back.

Vandalism has similar problems, how are you sure that it delivers appropriate punishment that targets the perpetrator?

Current method of nidbanes simply trying to kill the perpetrator isn't perfect but I can't think of anything better (barring fully sentient judge AI)

it cud try to steal random shit from the perpetrator or his stuff and the vandal one maybe cud destroy the things perpetrator interacted with recently etc etc
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby vatas » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Ysh wrote:Just have it break stuff on claim random.

I'll just let this player live near my claim with setup that doesn't allow him to access my private area but have HF nearby - all my shit has been bashed by Nidbane that he intentionally (griefing) or accidentally (noobiness) caused to wreak havoc.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Teleskop » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:16 pm

i love how you speak like current nidbanes are 100% problemless kek
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Ysh » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:19 pm

vatas wrote:

I'll just let this player live near my claim with setup that doesn't allow him to access my private area but have HF nearby - all my shit has been bashed by Nidbane that he intentionally (griefing) or accidentally (noobiness) caused to wreak havoc.

Teleskop wrote:vandal one maybe cud destroy the things perpetrator interacted with recently etc etc
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby r21187 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 pm

vatas wrote:

wait whut? how a nidbane bashed you stuff? or what happen i dont get it
ven wrote:After reading this thread I'm considering playing again just to make some metal and buy 22 boats from this guy.

jorb wrote:Ok, will buff.
(Still waiting)
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
r21187

Postby vatas » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:11 pm

I was talking of a hypothetical situation that could happen if the half-assed suggestion was implemented. Currently nidbanes can only attack and try to kill people who committed crime that they were summoned to avenge and the people who aggro them.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas