Potion to reset stat/lp points.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Potion to reset stat/lp points.

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:37 am

Orrrrrrrrrr instead of a "potion" for whatever reason, it could be a hearth magic spell that costs, like... I dunno, 50K xp
Beezer12Washingbeard

Postby isdel » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:40 am

It could be something that gives you a huge untreatable wound that makes you useless for a few days to a week, so it's only worth doing if you really want to respec.
isdel

Postby neofenris » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:09 pm

Potion, hearth magic or whatever, it can be a free feature for like 75% lp refund + XP cost + Wound + debuff or anything and the pay version would be a 90% lp for the same xp/wound/debuff.
This can require some ressources too, and you can add a huge cooldown on the feature like 3 months so that you can't spam it.
neofenris

Postby Kaios » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:18 pm

You guys are all overthinking it tbh. It doesn't need to be a paid feature at all, if you spent 1000 LP to raise a point and now you want to reduce that point you get 500 back for doing so. What is unfair about that? What is unbalanced about that? If I put 50 in my sewing early on to do some sewing stuff but now there's a dedicated crafter to do those things, is it not reasonable that I might want to reduce those points in sewing and put them elsewhere?

We should be able to do that and not with a penalty involved, not with a cooldown, not an XP cost, not a wound, nothing ridiculous okay. Just a nice, normal and convenient quality of life feature. The game needs more of those so please stop trying to get things implemented in ways that would only make them useful to a major faction.
Kaios

Postby isdel » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Because what's actually being proposed is getting rid of (or reducing) the opportunity cost involved in using your LP, not a quality of life feature.
isdel

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas