suggestion for hair color addition

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: suggestion for hair color addition

Postby VDZ » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:15 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:Hearthlings are made of clay so they can lift very heavy things. Please educate yourself on the lore.

They're also capable of lifting some ridiculously heavy objects like bear carcasses without any issue.
VDZ

Postby MadNomad » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:51 am

VDZ wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Hearthlings are made of clay so they can lift very heavy things. Please educate yourself on the lore.

They're also capable of lifting some ridiculously heavy objects like bear carcasses without any issue.

not everything has to be perfectly perfect, just more or less

without lifting bears you would have a lot of problems on knarr hunting trips

Halbertz wrote:
MadNomad wrote:but the axe I think I do not mind too much?

Okay here is the deal. Lets look at this random picture of b12 in action (lmao):

I agree that fez is a little bit out of place and too oriental, but they still have to make some money to stay alive, so silly hats are a good strategy for this(they can't live on just air), maybe one day some custom client would allow option to disable most of store hats? (except maybe some exceptional ones, such as the gnomish verification sprucecap)

for turkish things maybe we could still accept the excuse that some travelling Turk could have travelled to northern europe, on condition that it wasn't too modern (during which period were things such as fez made?)

the hearthling maybe holds the b12 in a funny way in this specific case, but you do not have to be this radical, if they are willing to improve it in the future then I wouldn't mind it
MadNomad

Postby Jalpha » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:59 am

Can't this come with actual, multiple application dyes made from organic and inorganic compounds? Some of the groundwork has been done already with material specific textures right?

The homophobe within me rages a little against characters with rainbow coloured dreadlocks but I see it as kind-of inevitable.

I'm also not particularly enthusiastic about seeing dyed/painted barrels, chests, cupboards etc but clothes dying has been much requested. I don't know how much tweaking the models would need to remain distinct and identifiable regardless of colour.

Make Hafen complicated.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:14 am

at least add the black hair jorb please

it's natural
it's viking
it's not in the game
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MadNomad » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:16 am

Nightdawg wrote:at least add the black hair jorb please

it's natural
it's viking
it's not in the game

umm, some southerner from europe could have travelled there, maybe they are already a little bit different, but I think it is within being acceptable

black is a natural hair color, so I don't see why not

some people have dark hair in north and east too
MadNomad

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:19 am

MadNomad wrote:umm, some southerner from europe could have travelled there, maybe they are already a little bit different, but I think it is within being acceptable

black is a natural hair color, so I don't see why not

some people have dark hair in north and east too

Nightdawg wrote:Image
Nightdawg

Postby VDZ » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:08 pm

Yes, please add black hair. It's kind of ridiculous that after all this time we still don't have it.

MadNomad wrote:I agree that fez is a little bit out of place and too oriental, but they still have to make some money to stay alive, so silly hats are a good strategy for this(they can't live on just air), maybe one day some custom client would allow option to disable most of store hats? (except maybe some exceptional ones, such as the gnomish verification sprucecap)

For a comparable case, World of Tanks has an in-game option to hide non-historical decals. Historically accurate decals remain visible if this setting is enabled. (Then again, World of Tanks is directly based on real history, rather than just being vaguely inspired by it.)
VDZ

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:57 pm

jorb wrote:Sure! Will look at that.

1,723 days

Have you looked yet? Still waiting.
Nightdawg

Postby vatas » Wed May 04, 2022 2:06 pm

gib black hair plox
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Tue May 10, 2022 12:40 am

Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas