suggestion for hair color addition

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: suggestion for hair color addition

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:05 am

Nightdawg wrote:
jorb wrote:Sure! Will look at that.

Have you looked yet
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby DonVelD » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:30 pm

are we getting the hair colors next patch?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby MadNomad » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:32 am

while I like the idea of having more looks for characters, I would limit it to natural hair colors, if we add green hair for example and more such things for example, it is going to step-by-step destroy the spirit of the game, if we add green hair color we could as well add spaceships, and it would ruin the spirit of what this game is about

we already have some mohawk hair style, which I do not like

pls don't turn it into a game with flashy lightsabers, there was a number of games ruined by such things!
Last edited by MadNomad on Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadNomad

Postby Halbertz » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:45 am

MadNomad wrote:while I like the idea of having more looks for characters, I would limit it to natural hair colors, if we add green hair for example and more such things for example, it is going to step-by-step destroy the spirit of the game, if we add green hair color we could as well add spaceships, and it would ruin the spirit of what this game is about

Oh you sweet summer child. Have you seen drip of the average faction fighter? Hussar wings (yes two pairs) and freaking anime size 2-h axe. And don't forget bunny flip flops. I will not be surprised if they will add peppa the pig war helms or sonic the hedgehog necklaces next patch, instead of actual early medieval weapons. Blunt weapons? Daggers? Polearms?
Halbertz

Postby MadNomad » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:46 am

Halbertz wrote:
MadNomad wrote:while I like the idea of having more looks for characters, I would limit it to natural hair colors, if we add green hair for example and more such things for example, it is going to step-by-step destroy the spirit of the game, if we add green hair color we could as well add spaceships, and it would ruin the spirit of what this game is about

Oh you sweet summer child. Have you seen drip of the average faction fighter? Hussar wings (yes two pairs) and freaking anime size 2-h axe. And don't forget bunny flip flops. I will not be surprised if they will add peppa the pig war helms or sonic the hedgehog necklaces next patch, instead of actually early medieval weapons. Blunt weapons? Daggers? Polearms?

the axe I think I do not mind too much?

some slight deviations, like bunny slippers are ok, but there is a border that makes things ridiculous if you cross it
Last edited by MadNomad on Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MadNomad

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:51 am

Add black hair

No derailing!
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby MadNomad » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:56 am

for example in legacy the spirit of the game was preserved better!
MadNomad

Postby Halbertz » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:17 pm

MadNomad wrote:but the axe I think I do not mind too much?

Okay here is the deal. Lets look at this random picture of b12 in action (lmao):
First of all. Whole thing is steel for some reason. And this grip... Do you see that the character can't even wrap his arm around it completely? We could actually try to calculate weight of this thing. Let's assume that character hand is 2/3 of grip circumference. My palm (inb4 small hands) is 11 cm and 7-8 cm will be on fingers - 18-19 cm in total. So grip circumference is around 30 cm. Length of the handle is around idk 1,5 m? No idea how short heaven's characters are. But it will be close to meter and a half if we assume that they are around 180 cm. Back to calculations. Diameter of the handle is c(circumference)/pi ~ 9.5 cm. So r will be 4.75 cm. Next formula is volume - V = r^2 * pi * h. Okay google. 0.0128 cubic meter. Final step - lets calculate weight. Steel density is around 7850 kg/m3. Yes almost 8 tons per cubic meter. So our 0.0128 grip will have weight 100.48 kg.
Alright, it's not perfect cylinder and some numbers right from my ass. But I hope you'll get the point.
Halbertz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:59 pm

Hearthlings are made of clay so they can lift very heavy things. Please educate yourself on the lore.
DDDsDD999

Postby ZamAlex » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:15 pm

Haven not a very realistic game, its more like combination of devs vision and gaming conventions. B12 looks like it's inflatable, but it's easy to recognize with such a small amount of polygons. And in general, a realistic battle axe looks a little different than a two-bladed dwarven axe from fantasy.
ZamAlex

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas