A Foragers World

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: A Foragers World

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:17 am

abt79 wrote:Remove fate

+
ArgentRhapsody

Postby maze » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:23 am

no....
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby LadyV » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:42 am

APXEOLOG wrote:I don't see how this will encourage foraging. Everyone will just plant all theese trees and select them for better q

Other than asthetics I highly doubt most would. Crops grow faster than trees so barley/wheat would be faster to get flour. Maybe for the oils but again if your making candles bees wax raises faster than trees. My goal is more to add a nomadic or wild lifestyle to the game. This could be a way to provide needs in different ways. The bounty of nature should be a viable option. Many do not like farming so maybe foraging is a way to solve that.
LadyV

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:12 am

LadyV wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:I don't see how this will encourage foraging. Everyone will just plant all theese trees and select them for better q

Other than asthetics I highly doubt most would. Crops grow faster than trees so barley/wheat would be faster to get flour. Maybe for the oils but again if your making candles bees wax raises faster than trees. My goal is more to add a nomadic or wild lifestyle to the game. This could be a way to provide needs in different ways. The bounty of nature should be a viable option. Many do not like farming so maybe foraging is a way to solve that.

that's only going to work in an endless frontier world and not the special olympics cage deathmatch we have currently. :(

prayer circle for W11 to bring back endless frontier
ArgentRhapsody

Postby r21187 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

LadyV wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:Many do not like farming so maybe foraging is a way to solve that.

i love farming actualy this is like my harvest moon with rune factory pc version online

i know i will be fucked in anymoment by wild riders and still i am a farmer and like being a farmer

LadyV wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:

prayer circle for W11 to bring back endless frontier

endless frontier? that would be awesome

i would walk for REAL DAY DAYS! until i know i am far as fuck from anyone or anything

so i would know i would be able farm alone forever with not fear of raiders

that would be soo great
ven wrote:After reading this thread I'm considering playing again just to make some metal and buy 22 boats from this guy.

jorb wrote:Ok, will buff.
(Still waiting)
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
r21187

Postby LadyV » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:42 am

r21187 wrote:
endless frontier? that would be awesome

i would walk for REAL DAY DAYS! until i know i am far as fuck from anyone or anything

so i would know i would be able farm alone forever with not fear of raiders

that would be soo great

Well you would not be immune to raiders just harder to find. That is the point however. We are in the Viking era and we have Knarr'. So the raiders should undertake long journeys to go raiding and get out from behind those walls like they seem to complain about so much.

Real vikings sailed to Iceland, Greenland, North America, Mediterranean, and deep down Russia's river systems. Sometimes you have to go far for the good loot. :lol:
LadyV

Postby abt79 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:29 am

maze wrote:

no....

Y

2k per*exp miner main (miner, I'm in the caves all fucking day) and I still haven't seen a single glim
abt79

Postby isdel » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:41 am

abt79 wrote:
maze wrote:

no....

Y

2k per*exp miner main (miner, I'm in the caves all fucking day) and I still haven't seen a single glim

I can find about 2/3 a day at 4200 per*exp. I have a lot of caves to look around in, though.
isdel

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas