poll: petition to remove satiation system!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: poll: petition to remove satiation system!

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:24 pm

I always thought it was a bad idea as the only sane approach from a player perspective it to automate it away:

Have your client trawl whatever item he sees and database them, do some 'big data' on it to find the sweet spots (aka. developer oversights), feast that stuff and drink to desatinate as if there's no tomorrow (with a pinch of salt, or a wagonload in case it's available). Rinse and repeat with every fix that is thrown at it.

It would make a little sense in case food would debuff itself, or at least buff other areas - but as it is it feels pointless and like a waste of electrons.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Nope!

/thread.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby apoc254 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:15 am

jorb wrote:Nope!

/thread.

or perhaps you meant </thread>.. or End Statement... or }
apoc254

Postby Procne » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 am

General idea of satiations is ok, but I think current implementation is a bit too arbitrary with the 4 satiations under 50% rule and drinks restoring specific few satiations. And the annoying number crunching.
I would prefer some more natural system where simply eating food of one type always slightly lowers satiation of associated food group and raises all other groups. And with drinks slowly averaging satiations (that is bringing high ones down and vice versa).

I also don't like, in the current system, those weird, arbitrary cases where foods lower completely unrelated satiations or aren't affected by any satiations they lower (boiled mussels for example)
Procne

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas