Nerf the Mulberry Tree

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Nerf the Mulberry Tree

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:40 pm

I've been talking about the Mulberry Tree with some village mates, and I've come to a conclusion. The Mulberry Tree needs to be seriously nerfed.

It produces berrys earlier than any other tree, which would be a great trait. For any other tree.

It produces the most leaves of any tree, making it amazing for leaf wraps.
It's leaves can be used for Fodder, making it one of the most abundant sources of fodder (It's relatively trivial to collect several thousand leaves, and with it's 6 day growth time, can be advanced relatively quickly. Admittedly there's a lot of caps along the way... This is not my biggest complaint)
It produces berries on day 2, making it the fastest method of quality growth.
It's necessary for silk production, so it's an essential tree.

Ultimately it seems like there's very little reason to plant any other tree, and that in and of itself is a problem.

Sure Apples produce Apples and the nut trees produce nuts, but Mulberry is the King of Trees in general utility. The berry sprout time should be extended as a result to balance it's myriad of other positives.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Re: Nerf the Mulberry Tree

Postby Fostik » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:46 pm

Not sure of best producing seeds.
Hazelnut provides it faster.
IIRC 1 mullbery leaf = 0.1 fodder, 25 food points from tree is not so mutch.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby iamahh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Ultimately it seems like there's very little reason to plant any other tree

aesthetics, boughs, wood quantity, tar, nuts... dis heartling cereal?

not every player is after maximum efficiency, it's actually kinda pointless in a world like this
Last edited by iamahh on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamahh

Postby Dominick » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Pretty sure that the nut trees produce seeds faster than mulberry, or if at the same time. All that which you said would also apply to them. Walnuts, for one, produce a lot more wood than the mulberry. If you're quality growing mulberries for anything other than the leaves for silk... well, yeah. You shouldn't. There's better trees out there for that.

As to leaves and pit roasts - why are you using them for that? Beetroot leaves can be, and easier and faster to get higher quality from them.

Also, why would you use it for fodder? Uh, pumpkins? Best fodder crop there is. Second best is the beetroot. Trees are... well, shouldn't be on the radar.
Dominick

Postby Thedrah » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:55 pm

and in the new realm blessings, pumpkin grows muuuch faster. i think i saw it go up to 45% faster at one realm
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby shubla » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Thedrah wrote:and in the new realm blessings, pumpkin grows muuuch faster. i think i saw it go up to 45% faster at one realm

Pack your pumpkin seeds and move?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Thedrah » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:07 am

shubla wrote:
Thedrah wrote:and in the new realm blessings, pumpkin grows muuuch faster. i think i saw it go up to 45% faster at one realm

Pack your pumpkin seeds and move?

did i say pumpkins need a nerf? nope. i'm content with harvesting carrots every 1.5 days for higher q fodder

i'm just saying, mulberry trees are far from needing a nerf. as they are considered a food tree such as walnut and plum but with leaves
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Avu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Lunarius, Lunarius never changes. What I find amazing is people want to live with him when they find out he makes these kind of threads.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Ysh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 pm

Avu wrote:Lunarius, Lunarius never changes. What I find amazing is people want to live with him when they find out he makes these kind of threads.

Men are naturally drawn to men with conviction.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Return to Critique & Ideas