Tired of labour? This idea will SHOCK YOU!!!

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Tired of labour? This idea will SHOCK YOU!!!

Postby Dieseldragon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:14 am

So are you tired of going into a mine/farm, pickup up a wheelbarrow, getting a stockpile, releasing the barrow, picking up the barrow, climbing upstairs, putting the barrow down, using the barrow, and dumping the stockpile? Do you just wish for an easier way? NEW from Acme Co. THE FREIGHT ELEVATOR!

This 3x3 work of machining artistry can move NINE STOCKPILES from one level to the one above, OR BELOW it! WOW! It's 900% MORE EFFICIENT than moving it by hand! Gone are the days of moving each pile of rock or wood by hand! Gone are the days of fussing with finicky ladders are irritating doors! Now, in a time of catapults and battering rams, and the revolutionary windmill, we can use the machines to a constructive end instead of a destructive one!

For real though, I'm tired of screwing around with ladders and wheelbarrows. Could we have a elevator for cargo?
Dieseldragon

Re: Tired of labour? This idea will SHOCK YOU!!!

Postby iamahh » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:47 am

make 2 packracks so you can run freely with 4 wheelbarrows
iamahh

Postby Sevenless » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:58 pm

Would an easier fix to this be to allow you to use a wheelbarrow while going up a ladder automatically?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Granger » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Sevenless wrote:Would an easier fix to this be to allow you to use a wheelbarrow while going up a ladder automatically?

This would be a nice addition, as being able to traverse doors and stairs with them without the need to lift them.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Sevenless » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Granger wrote:This would be a nice addition, as being able to traverse doors and stairs with them without the need to lift them.

Seems like the simplest fix to the issue to me for sure. Not sure how the coding behind it is though, might be trickier to implement than an elevator type device.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Granger » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Sevenless wrote:
Granger wrote:This would be a nice addition, as being able to traverse doors and stairs with them without the need to lift them.

Seems like the simplest fix to the issue to me for sure. Not sure how the coding behind it is though, might be trickier to implement than an elevator type device.

Simple: Right-click the portal (ladder, minehole, door, stair, forgot cellar trapdoor) and when you (or the wheelbarrow) reach it you'll port with the wheelbarrow like you do with a leashed animal, spawn on the 'other side' with the wheelbarrow on the same spot as you (since it can pass you while being controlled) and still attached to it.
Granger

Postby dafels » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Sevenless wrote:Would an easier fix to this be to allow you to use a wheelbarrow while going up a ladder automatically?

THIS PLS
dafels

Postby jorb » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:03 pm

I like the idea of a mine elevator!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Gigglepuddy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:59 pm

you people and your fancy mines inside your claims. i load a boat up with 2 chests, ride out to the relatively nearby iron mine or the 500,000 miles away tin mine, pick up my boat, slowly crawl to the mine, crawl through the mine, and proceed to probably spend way more time than a few extra trips would have taken me. then i crawl back and pray to Myself that nobody sees the idiot carrying a boat.
Gigglepuddy

Postby Granger » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Gigglepuddy wrote:you people and your fancy mines inside your claims. i load a boat up with 2 chests, ride out to the relatively nearby iron mine or the 500,000 miles away tin mine, pick up my boat, slowly crawl to the mine, crawl through the mine, and proceed to probably spend way more time than a few extra trips would have taken me. then i crawl back and pray to Myself that nobody sees the idiot carrying a boat.

Build roads.
Granger

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas