Yet another combat system ideea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Yet another combat system ideea

Postby Ricu » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 pm

I don't think you can make most of the people happy with this fighting combat system.
I would just suggest changing it to the traditional barbaric clobbering where the difference is the armor VS weapon,
gildable weapons for blue or red, green and yellow attacks VS gildable armor with increase resistance to blue, or red, or green or yellow. with chance for one or multiple resistances, same as the gilding system now for stats.

Quit the IP points since a battle lasting over 15 minutes is overkill or make them passive in a combat system where you have some finishers that cost IP and you get them while doing damage and fighting not just jumping around.

Opinions ?
Ricu

Re: Yet another combat system ideea

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:50 pm

I agree with removing IP mechanic or making it acquired by doing things and not just spamming take aim and think.

AKA, remove take aim and think
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby viznew » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:48 pm

i like the take aim and think tatics for pve but i def feel like there should be a ton more moves that gain ip in combat (like quick barrage, watch its moves, ect) i feel take aim and think shouldnt be main pvp combat moves
ImageImage
viznew

Postby dageir » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:10 pm

Combat should absolutely be simplified. Remove stats. Make equipment and number of soldiers matter.
dageir

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:52 pm

dageir wrote:Combat should absolutely be simplified. Remove stats. Make equipment and number of soldiers matter.

Result: biggest faction always wins.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby dageir » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Granger wrote:
dageir wrote:Combat should absolutely be simplified. Remove stats. Make equipment and number of soldiers matter.

And this is unrealistic in what way?

Edit: It would make it possible for noobs to band together and eliminate more experienced players with phat loots.
dageir

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:19 pm

dageir wrote:Edit: It would make it possible for noobs to band together and eliminate more experienced players with phat loots.

kek
DDDsDD999

Postby avros008 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:12 am

Granger wrote:

If scents are gone and combat stats based on equipment noobs can do guerilla warfare against big factions and have more change to survival in this game.
dafels wrote:the midges are not the problem,
you're the problem
avros008

Postby Sollar » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:58 am

Granger wrote:

Is now different, or has it anytime been any different? The faction/kingdom game is a totally different game of politics. Even the mightiest faction can succomb to an inside betryal, and this game has many times proven this.

Removing stats and having them only from equippment means that if I ever die I won't have to grind back weeks or months of stats, but only craft another set of gear. I would be ok with it. Also having items with buffs or resistances to or against a specific color opens up a ton of possibilities to addionally twink your character for combat.

Having deckbuilder+equippment management replace eating 100cupboards worth of honeybuns sounds more appealing for me

Go go devs.
Sollar

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:53 am

Obviously equipment crafting would be complicated and made harder, it wouldn't be just shitting out another dhelm.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas