H&H meets DF

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: H&H meets DF

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:57 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
avros008 wrote:All the big factions use bots to advance

Do you have a source to back up this claim? You're using big words there, like "all".

This is such a widely accepted idea but I've been living in factions almost the whole time I've played Haven and, while this was true in world 7 and earlier, I have yet to see a big faction use bots to advance in Hafen.

If you play HnH full time you dont have to bot to be good.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:59 pm

shubla wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:
avros008 wrote:All the big factions use bots to advance

Do you have a source to back up this claim? You're using big words there, like "all".

This is such a widely accepted idea but I've been living in factions almost the whole time I've played Haven and, while this was true in world 7 and earlier, I have yet to see a big faction use bots to advance in Hafen.

..Exactly. Factions don't consist of disgusting immoral botters, they consist of large groups of players who trust each other enough, know the game very well, and spend a LOT of time minmaxing and going hard in the game.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Sevenless » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:This is such a widely accepted idea but I've been living in factions almost the whole time I've played Haven and, while this was true in world 7 and earlier, I have yet to see a big faction use bots to advance in Hafen.

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=51156

I'll agree that hafen has massively improved botting issues via good game design, but when the devs specifically sanction a faction for botting abuse when they are normally tolerant of it I don't think it's fair to say no one has ever botted in Hafen.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Sevenless wrote:I don't think it's fair to say no one has ever botted in Hafen.

I didn't say that. I said I haven't seen any factions use bots. Wasn't aware of that thread nor Dis using any EXP bots, and I'm not aware of anyone in my faction using bots for anything.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:15 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
shubla wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Do you have a source to back up this claim? You're using big words there, like "all".

..Exactly. Factions don't consist of disgusting immoral botters, they consist of large groups of players who trust each other enough, know the game very well, and spend a LOT of time minmaxing and going hard in the game.

Exactly
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Sevenless » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:17 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:I have yet to see a big faction use bots to advance in Hafen.

Well you did say you've never seen any big faction use them. But if you weren't playing at the time that's fair enough that you weren't aware of it.

I'd wager haven is at its least botted state right now, and kudos to the devs for that achievement. It has been a long road.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas