Movement and Selecting (Also rotating)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Movement and Selecting (Also rotating)

Postby Ghostybees » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Hello!
I am fairly new to the game, and have a couple issues I've seen so far. If there are already forums on these topics, please let me know, and I'll add my input there instead (Deleting it from here.)

Movement feels really choppy, and it's extremely easy to get caught on things. Might help if the game had an optional WASD movement system added? Or for the character to follow a mouse pointer when the left mouse button is held down?

---

I'm not sure if it's my computer is experiencing lag, but I find it absolutely impossible to click to select flying or even moderately fast moving animals. A solution to this may just be to enlarge the area around the animal that is clickable?

---

I read somewhere to manually rotate an object you need to use a mouse wheel, ( I know it also seems to rotate depending on where your character is standing.) the problem with that is I have a touchpad and no mouse. It would be good to have an alternative for players without traditional mice. (Maybe the plus or minus keys?)
Ghostybees

Re: Movement and Selecting (Also rotating)

Postby Thedrah » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 am

as for the small animals, i use a custom client called 'amber' which has the hotkey ctrl-q that right clicks most small things but only the closest one. very useful for being lazy and foraging or trying to right click a dragon fly or silkmoth

for the default client, right click the icon on the map for an easier time
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby Ghostybees » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:00 am

Thedrah wrote:as for the small animals, i use a custom client called 'amber' which has the hotkey ctrl-q that right clicks most small things but only the closest one. very useful for being lazy and foraging or trying to right click a dragon fly or silkmoth

Oh, you can do that?

Dang, that makes my life a lot easier.
Ghostybees

Postby Sevenless » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Thedrah wrote:as for the small animals, i use a custom client called 'amber' which has the hotkey ctrl-q that right clicks most small things but only the closest one. very useful for being lazy and foraging or trying to right click a dragon fly or silkmoth

Neat, I've looked over amber's hotkeys several times and never noticed that, thanks.

@ the newcomer, welcome! Most people use custom clients, and at least in amber you can click dragonflies on the minimap to get them as well. I'm not 100% certain if this is a custom client mod, or if they've added that to vanilla though. Vanilla has been improved with hotkeys and functionalities I'm under the impression.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Return to Critique & Ideas