Allow dice on tables

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Allow dice on tables

Postby haldzik » Wed May 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Dice is a very good curio for ... tagging items.
haldzik

Postby Aceb » Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

I dunno why all of You talk about "feast" tables...

We have curio tables, why not just making a copy of it that can be accessed by anyone, items inside of it are not studied + accepts only dices (and eventually money or something to bet... maybe even changed barter stands?)

D:
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby DaniAngione » Wed May 10, 2017 6:24 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:Jorb/Loftar why not simply make dice a symbel item with no hunger benefit. that way u can see the dice on the table. same with money. you have other items that are both food and symbol at the same time.

also doesn't dice cap itself or was that removed? like if u roll a 5, I thought u can no longer roll higher than 5. if that is still the case, can you remove that aspect of the item? its such a bad curio that I don't think it needs to have that anymore.

That wouldn't work as nicely though because you can only have one of the same type of symbel item on a table while playing dice would require several.

Also, it caps itself but only in the study. Once you roll a number in the study, it remains forever but you can still "play" (get any number) outside the study :)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby Grog » Wed May 10, 2017 7:01 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:Jorb/Loftar why not simply make dice a symbel item with no hunger benefit. that way u can see the dice on the table. same with money. you have other items that are both food and symbol at the same time.

also doesn't dice cap itself or was that removed? like if u roll a 5, I thought u can no longer roll higher than 5. if that is still the case, can you remove that aspect of the item? its such a bad curio that I don't think it needs to have that anymore.

I really like this two thoughts. That would solve a lot of the gambling issue, without interfering too much.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby ven » Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 pm

The issue isn't just that. The table must be large enough for everyone to click on it and see the game, as well as place coins to bet on the players.
Venator
ven

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas