Lightweight mobile game

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Lightweight mobile game

Postby ven » Wed May 17, 2017 11:51 pm

Wondering if creating a simple haven-based game for mobile wouldn't be interesting, not only for the money, but also as an important means of helping with promotion.

I think it would be fun to play something like a haven card- or deckbuilding game. The art and the content themselves are already so much different than all the generic stuff we see on app stores.
Venator
ven

Re: Lightweight mobile game

Postby MrPunchers » Thu May 18, 2017 12:24 am

Devs don't want to advertise themselves too much. Putting something on the app store is a big leap.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Granger » Thu May 18, 2017 12:31 am

H&H, the cowclicker version?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Sevenless » Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 am

Yeah... lets ask the devs to make a game that basically none of us would play, depriving the game we do play of precious dev hours, in return for it maybe sorta getting popular and maybe sorta guiding people to this game. Which they probably wouldn't be interested in, since much of the casual mobile gaming market doesn't intersect with hardcore pc gamers.

Well intentioned, but I don't see it being a good idea sadly.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ven » Thu May 18, 2017 12:42 am

Granger wrote:H&H, the cowclicker version?

Not at all. I meant it in seriousness.
A haven deckbuilding game would be nice.
Venator
ven

Postby Sevenless » Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 am

I'd rather have tafl be programmed into the haven client if we're talking minigames. Set it up on a table and play :P
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MrPunchers » Thu May 18, 2017 12:53 am

ven wrote:
Granger wrote:H&H, the cowclicker version?

Not at all. I meant it in seriousness.
A haven deckbuilding game would be nice.

A "game" where you could mimic stats and equipment for combat and build decks would be cool, but seems more like something a really dedicated fan would make, rather than a dev.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby viznew » Thu May 18, 2017 5:10 am

iv thought about a mobile game too i chould dig a card type game, but a highly condensed version of legacy i think chould rock the mobile market, mix warspear and terraria with legacy in mind (a lot of changes to them needed to merge) but whould be amazing (sry for sidetrack)

card mobile games are fun even chould make like cards and castles or something (get a some what seidge mechanic in there)
ImageImage
viznew

Postby jorb » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:51 pm

Longshots like this is something that I'm not in principle against, but we're spread pretty thin as it is, and I think we're on a good track with the main game.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Kaios » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:34 pm

I wouldn't click those links but at least this bot bumped an interesting thread it reminded me of some games that rather than make an entirely new mobile game based on their original they incorporate mechanics in to the game that can be managed through a mobile app like the Fallout 4 pip boy app for example. Would be interesting if you could manage things like inventory, map or other menus from your phone and keep your main screen free of clutter.

Or even something more unique since the game tends to lean towards the side of heavy alt use anyways, perhaps a sort of mobile task manager where you create a storage object somewhere in the world such as forage box in the forest or ore crate in the mines and you set a task on your phone that sends out a phantom gatherer to collect rudimentary goods like nettles, blueberries, puffballs, low tier ores, etc. and things build up at the collection point over time. Something like that.
Kaios

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas