Suggestion: Nightmare enemies

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Suggestion: Nightmare enemies

Postby Aceb » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:53 pm

My suggestion is to implement nightmare version of every animal in the game, which is basically A LOT stronger version of it, usually requires a group or decent party to take it down.

Every nightmare animal quality is it normal counterpart * 1,5 plus, everything that You can butcher/skin from such animal is considered a curiosity in random range for every part.

Example: You encounter nightmare fox.
It's bloody skin is a curiosity. Drying it will reroll it's curio value (LP/h, mentality, etc.). Splitting it also will reroll it (for example: 2 pieces can have a chance to be slighty better or worse compared to whole part).
It's meat is also a curio, with every piece having it's own values, cooking rerolls/make it lose it's curio value but has final food product Q/FEP increased by 10%. (making a meatpie from it won't make it as curio).
It's bones are curios. Also, using a nightmare bone in crafting, increased final product Q by 10%.
If it is a curio like boar tusk already -> just to greatly increase it value in LP/h.

Also, nightmare enemies cannot be cheesed:
1) If nightmare can't reach it's target, it heals by 15% of it's MAX HP each time I can't reach their target and change target (if is any)
OR
1) Nightmare jump (teleports) to it's opponent with immediate hit. (if is any)
[It is just solely to "discourage" people from trying to cheese it with cliffs / entering cave or house)
2) If player entered area where nightmare version can't [house] and there is no other valid target, it de-aggro and heals immediatly to full hp and wander away.
3) It means that if You try to do something like boulder and cliff like with mammoth, nightmare version can just jump "teleport" to You or behind You (available space without getting stuck)
4) Possiblity to knock people out of horses
5) Will never heal as long as there's valid target that can be hit
6) Damage done by nightmares shouldn't be increased BUT instead, should make greater/faster oppenings.
7) Should change target to closest one, to help a party spread damage across fighters, instead having everyone knocked out 1 by 1.

I know healing mechanic sucks and it might be considered a magic but hey, deers in the past were basically druids with horns, so why not.
Nightmare animals won't attack noobs. Everyone that has below 30 UA or MC should gain "terrified" buff and can't aggro nightmare animal.
If a "noob" stand in a way of one, they get immediatly knocked-out and damaged similar to being kicked from wild horse. Also, without fight to prevent cheesing.

How I see difficulty of it:

Nightmare version of...:
Fox - Experienced warrior shouldn't have a trouble
Badger - Experienced warrior or two
Boar / Deer / Wolverine / Lynx - Should require party of 3 at least
Moose / Bear / Walrus - Should require party of 4 or 5
Mammoth - Well, a decent village should be enough
Troll - rather not an animal...?

Whole idea is to encourage people gathering together and have a prey they can hunt together / pass information about nightmare appearing somewhere.
There' shouldn't be too much of nightmare version of same animals and one happening should be also rare.

I was thinking also about nightmare critters but snakes are already dangerous for some as it is and having chicken nightmare poop up from your chicken coop once You open it and attack You being more funny.

Aaaaand we already have nightmare rabbits.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Re: Suggestion: Nightmare enemies

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:58 pm

So basically more kinds of troll? Sure why not, if it's rare would be cool
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Aceb » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:01 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:So basically more kinds of troll? Sure why not, if it's rare would be cool

Yep, basically daylight trolls, that just rather can randomly spawn or not, with a max limit that can be in a world at same time.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby stya » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:55 pm

Aceb wrote:
Yep, basically daylight trolls

Nightmare enemies should spawn during the night! 8-)
stya

Postby 2d0x » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:54 pm

Reinforced animals are animals with rabies. And I represent the nightmares like the Nidbain or the distorted Dryad.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby jorb » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:46 am

Not a terrible idea.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas