The current hunger system incetivizes alts

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

The current hunger system incetivizes alts

Postby Massa » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:54 pm

Why would I play on my main if energy depletes in 20 seconds when I try to do anything?

I butcher my satiation and the efficacy system doing that. Why get wood when I can just spam alts and not screw up my hunger? The only way to deal with this stat system is to not play on that character.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Re: The current hunger system incetivizes alts

Postby nardyman8501 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:03 pm

Get some better tables and drinks, leave one alt for the dumb work= easy solution. Hard to strike a balance to prevent massive stat farming and forcing multiple chars.
Think like men of action.
Act like men of thought.
Live life with intensity
and a passion for excellence.

---Gen. James Mattis
nardyman8501

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:33 pm

nardyman8501 wrote:Get some better tables and drinks, leave one alt for the dumb work= easy solution. Hard to strike a balance to prevent massive stat farming and forcing multiple chars.

or, or - remove the stupid energy system that makes absolutely no sense, there's already an incentive to eat food and that's raising stats, energy incentivizes alting and does absolutely no good to the game
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby blank » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:45 pm

it gets to a point late game where if your table is really good then you could literally eat like 2 cupboards of foods and your hunger only goes up a few % staying at 300% rav, its not as bad as ppl say it is.. get gud
blank

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:52 pm

blank wrote:it gets to a point late game where if your table is really good then you could literally eat like 2 cupboards of foods and your hunger only goes up a few % staying at 300% rav, its not as bad as ppl say it is.. get gud

I have tables that bring the hunger to 1% for a long time now, "getting gud" isn't the problem, the problem is a stupid mechanic that incentivizes alting unless you are in the far end game, pls get the fuck out of this thread if you have nothing relevant to comment
NOOBY93

Postby Granger » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:00 am

This could be a possible solution to give us energy-only food.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 am

Some point here, but I'm not sure I agree that energy does nothing.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Massa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:46 pm

jorb wrote:Some point here, but I'm not sure I agree that energy does nothing.

It forces the player to shove trash down their maw arbitrarily, disabling them from making good use of the satiation system AND the hunger system because miners are scrounging so hard for food they're eating stockpiles of bones.

It incentivizes combat alts (like every part of this game, rightly so) because why on earth do anything with your fighter if it's going to nuke FEP intake.

Some works are so energy consuming it's best to just put them onto a throwaway alt. Energy on its own, a-ok. Satiations on their own? Eh, needs a rework still. That hunger system on its own? That's okay, prevents superfeeding (not even, only at low levels).

All of these together turn into a very sticky mess of "screw it" and frustration.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:37 pm

Massa wrote:
jorb wrote:Some point here, but I'm not sure I agree that energy does nothing.

It forces the player to shove trash down their maw arbitrarily, disabling them from making good use of the satiation system AND the hunger system because miners are scrounging so hard for food they're eating stockpiles of bones.

It incentivizes combat alts (like every part of this game, rightly so) because why on earth do anything with your fighter if it's going to nuke FEP intake.

Some works are so energy consuming it's best to just put them onto a throwaway alt. Energy on its own, a-ok. Satiations on their own? Eh, needs a rework still. That hunger system on its own? That's okay, prevents superfeeding (not even, only at low levels).

All of these together turn into a very sticky mess of "screw it" and frustration.

I'm advocating that energy, satiation and hunger are all very bad systems that do harm to the game and should they be removed, the game would be better. Raising stats makes you want to eat, there's absolutely no need for energy, and hunger, well, if you give us ways to work around it (good tables, salt) then it fucks new players and increases the gap between noobs and veterans, and if you don't give us ways to work around it, it's a stupid time gate that, yet again, incentivizes alting.
NOOBY93

Postby stya » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:51 pm

Massa wrote:miners are scrounging so hard for food they're eating stockpiles of bones.

Is this a joke or you really can't make decent food? Then blame the energy system?
stya

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas