Salvaging

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Salvaging

Postby DreadDawson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Granger wrote:
DreadDawson wrote:One issue I can think of would be variable inputs,

What type of log does it give you?
What type of plank?
Which soft nugget?
Which hard nugget?
Which hard bar?
Which soft bar?

q10


Yes, but, I'm not talking about quality. When you salvage something that uses a block, does it give you pine or birch, or what?
Same with all of the different variable inputs.
User avatar
DreadDawson
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:04 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Re: Salvaging

Postby Granger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:52 pm

DreadDawson wrote:Yes, but, I'm not talking about quality. When you salvage something that uses a block, does it give you pine or birch, or what?
Same with all of the different variable inputs.

Sorry, didn't get that.

Variable stuff has the info about the material, at least the one with the highest quantitiy.
Please check Announcements, Game Guides, GLoSQ before posting questions, search is your friend.
Follow the Bug Report HOWTO to ease solving your issue and, in general, The Rules.
User avatar
Granger
 
Posts: 9189
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Salvaging

Postby DreadDawson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Granger wrote:
DreadDawson wrote:Yes, but, I'm not talking about quality. When you salvage something that uses a block, does it give you pine or birch, or what?
Same with all of the different variable inputs.

Sorry, didn't get that.

Variable stuff has the info about the material, at least the one with the highest quantitiy.


Ah, well if that's already the case and it isn't going to distract Loftar from other things (seasons) then sure, +1

For some reason, I thought that it only recorded those values for buildings, but I'm no programmer, so I don't know.
User avatar
DreadDawson
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:04 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Re: Salvaging

Postby Granger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:06 pm

DreadDawson wrote:For some reason, I thought that it only recorded those values for buildings, but I'm no programmer, so I don't know.
True, again. /me => bed.
Please check Announcements, Game Guides, GLoSQ before posting questions, search is your friend.
Follow the Bug Report HOWTO to ease solving your issue and, in general, The Rules.
User avatar
Granger
 
Posts: 9189
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Salvaging

Postby Sprinkle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:38 am

jorb wrote:That has been suggested plenty of times for buildings. There are two problems.

  • Setting and maintaining payouts in terms of what items are salvaged from a particular item. Could perhaps re-use cost-to-craft values, but that won't always produce meaningful or desired results.
  • Deciding qualities on the recovered items. We currently do not save -- nor do we wish to -- the exact list of all items used to produce an item, but rather only the final product and its qualities. Using the final quality as the output quality for salvage would, however, lead to a situation where you can grind the qualities of certain inputs upwards by crafting and salvaging, which is undesirable. Setting everything recovered to Q10 is perhaps an option.

Not saying it can't be done, but it'd be work, at least.

I think it's worth implementing even if its q10 recovered, although a way to get the original quality would be optimal..
Sprinkle
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:41 am

Re: Salvaging

Postby KaiMolan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:05 am

What if instead of a typical salvaging system, we were able to make a variable curiosity based on the base materials that go into the item used. I mean it would need to use an arbitrary value system, however could be fun to see how powerful of a curiosity you can make out of the gear of your enemies.
KaiMolan
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests