Salvaging

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Salvaging

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:00 am

jorb wrote:That has been suggested plenty of times for buildings. There are two problems.

• Setting and maintaining payouts in terms of what items are salvaged from a particular item. Could perhaps re-use cost-to-craft values, but that won't always produce meaningful or desired results.
  • Deciding qualities on the recovered items. We currently do not save -- nor do we wish to -- the exact list of all items used to produce an item, but rather only the final product and its qualities. Using the final quality as the output quality for salvage would, however, lead to a situation where you can grind the qualities of certain inputs upwards by crafting and salvaging, which is undesirable. Setting everything recovered to Q10 is perhaps an option.

Not saying it can't be done, but it'd be work, at least.

Worth it!
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Aceb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 pm

jordancoles wrote:
jorb wrote:That has been suggested plenty of times for buildings. There are two problems.

• Setting and maintaining payouts in terms of what items are salvaged from a particular item. Could perhaps re-use cost-to-craft values, but that won't always produce meaningful or desired results.
  • Deciding qualities on the recovered items. We currently do not save -- nor do we wish to -- the exact list of all items used to produce an item, but rather only the final product and its qualities. Using the final quality as the output quality for salvage would, however, lead to a situation where you can grind the qualities of certain inputs upwards by crafting and salvaging, which is undesirable. Setting everything recovered to Q10 is perhaps an option.

Not saying it can't be done, but it'd be work, at least.

Worth it!

Totally. jordancoles for president.

But beside everything having 10Q, would it be possible to have randomly retrieved "resources" from dismantled item?
I mean, if You have to use 12 items to craft something, there could be possibility to regain 0-12 Q10 stuff from it? Never same amount of it. To make it funnier?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby jordancoles » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:03 pm

Bump
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Finigini » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 pm

I agree. I would like to recycle my leather armor that is on death's door. Even if I get a few pieces of q10 leather I can at least use it for a minehole or something.
Finigini

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Yeah, I agree.

I'm sure most players would be happy with the return of base q mats rather than nothing at all. Salvaging would at least give you back mats you could use in builds where q isn't important and I also have cupboards full of items I'm reluctant to just throw away but really have no use anymore.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby blank » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:49 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Yeah, I agree.

I'm sure most players would be happy with the return of base q mats rather than nothing at all. Salvaging would at least give you back mats you could use in builds where q isn't important and I also have cupboards full of items I'm reluctant to just throw away but really have no use anymore.

HOARDERS. lel
blank

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:28 pm

blank wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Yeah, I agree.

HOARDERS. lel

I am a bit of a hoarder, it's true. But, it's like christmas for newbies when I meet them in game. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Onep » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Base quality metals and leather are always handy. And usually you can find a use for other q10 and stuff as well. So I would not mind seeing Salvage return only face quality. And I think somewhere between 15 to 25% of the original materials would be fine.

Also I'd say no go on the gild's attached to salvage. It completely defeats the point. Then people would just grind it if they're good.

Also I like the idea of having a salvage station. So that way not every single Flower menu has a salvage option on it.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby DreadDawson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 pm

One issue I can think of would be variable inputs,

What type of log does it give you?

What type of plank?

Which soft nugget?

Which hard nugget?

Which hard bar?

Which soft bar?

Remembering everything that was put into it would be a nightmare for Loftar (I imagine)
DreadDawson

Postby Granger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:46 pm

DreadDawson wrote:One issue I can think of would be variable inputs,

What type of log does it give you?
What type of plank?
Which soft nugget?
Which hard nugget?
Which hard bar?
Which soft bar?

q10
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020