Salvaging

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Salvaging

Postby DreadDawson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Granger wrote:
DreadDawson wrote:One issue I can think of would be variable inputs,

What type of log does it give you?
What type of plank?
Which soft nugget?
Which hard nugget?
Which hard bar?
Which soft bar?

q10

Yes, but, I'm not talking about quality. When you salvage something that uses a block, does it give you pine or birch, or what?
Same with all of the different variable inputs.
DreadDawson

Postby Granger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:52 pm

DreadDawson wrote:Yes, but, I'm not talking about quality. When you salvage something that uses a block, does it give you pine or birch, or what?

Sorry, didn't get that.

Variable stuff has the info about the material, at least the one with the highest quantitiy.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby DreadDawson » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:54 pm

Granger wrote:
DreadDawson wrote:Yes, but, I'm not talking about quality. When you salvage something that uses a block, does it give you pine or birch, or what?

Sorry, didn't get that.

Variable stuff has the info about the material, at least the one with the highest quantitiy.

Ah, well if that's already the case and it isn't going to distract Loftar from other things (seasons) then sure, +1

For some reason, I thought that it only recorded those values for buildings, but I'm no programmer, so I don't know.
DreadDawson

Postby Granger » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:06 pm

DreadDawson wrote:For some reason, I thought that it only recorded those values for buildings, but I'm no programmer, so I don't know.
True, again. /me => bed.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Sprinkle » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:38 am

jorb wrote:That has been suggested plenty of times for buildings. There are two problems.

• Setting and maintaining payouts in terms of what items are salvaged from a particular item. Could perhaps re-use cost-to-craft values, but that won't always produce meaningful or desired results.
  • Deciding qualities on the recovered items. We currently do not save -- nor do we wish to -- the exact list of all items used to produce an item, but rather only the final product and its qualities. Using the final quality as the output quality for salvage would, however, lead to a situation where you can grind the qualities of certain inputs upwards by crafting and salvaging, which is undesirable. Setting everything recovered to Q10 is perhaps an option.

Not saying it can't be done, but it'd be work, at least.

I think it's worth implementing even if its q10 recovered, although a way to get the original quality would be optimal..
Extremely popular.
Sprinkle

Postby KaiMolan » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:05 am

What if instead of a typical salvaging system, we were able to make a variable curiosity based on the base materials that go into the item used. I mean it would need to use an arbitrary value system, however could be fun to see how powerful of a curiosity you can make out of the gear of your enemies.
KaiMolan

Postby jordancoles » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 pm

Bump
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:20 pm

Bad idea. Let noobs keep their pants!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:23 pm

Returned materials could be base q10 to avoid any awkward maths or requiring the game to remember initial material qualities
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Fostik » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:44 pm

This mechanics works pretty well in salem, objects remembers materials quality, so salvaging returns exact quality, but lesser quantity
Don't think that implementation of object ingredient memory is a big deal.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas