Monetize This, Monetize That

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Monetize This, Monetize That

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:40 am

I love this game, and many others do to and so we pay for our subscriptions and our tokens while playing. Yet our heads grow sore from wearing the same hats, and our faces sad from wearing the same skin! This topic is for brainstorming of more ways to monetize the game.
I think that an area that could be explored more is character customization, and the ability to redo our characters appearance. Add a new token from the store for 5 bucks that lets us enter the fountain of rebirth, a place that returns the hearthling to a fairy state so they can pick their characters appearance again. This could also provide more features then what is offered when initially spawning.
My other thought was that there could be emotes only available to those who are verified or subscribed. Simple things that add a little more value to subscribing, but don't detract from the actual game.

Watcha think?
Fierce_Deity

Re: Monetize This, Monetize That

Postby ekzarh » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:03 am

Pay for appearance change - great.
I'd avoid teleporting to spawning aread, it can be just an inventory item which opens the same gui as fountain and consumed on 'ok'.

Regarding hats, I've proposed 2 systems in some topics:
- Kinda kickstarter. People pre-order hat and after some limit it gets implemented. Otherwise - money back.
- Kinda open source. People give Jorb full set of models/sketches/res files needed to add a hat. He spends minimal time to review it and add it to game. Author gets free hat for his effort ) Others buy it.
ekzarh

Postby SANICHEGEHOGE » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:27 am

ekzarh wrote:Pay for appearance change - great.
I'd avoid teleporting to spawning aread, it can be just an inventory item which opens the same gui as fountain and consumed on 'ok'.

Regarding hats, I've proposed 2 systems in some topics:
- Kinda kickstarter. People pre-order hat and after some limit it gets implemented. Otherwise - money back.
- Kinda open source. People give Jorb full set of models/sketches/res files needed to add a hat. He spends minimal time to review it and add it to game. Author gets free hat for his effort ) Others buy it.

Yesssss
Ysh wrote:If rock is inside head I think what hits him is rock not sling.
SANICHEGEHOGE

Postby shubla » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:25 pm

Cosmetic pets. Easiest one to implement would be something like a bird that just sits in your shoulder.
Maybe you could order it to catch you rabbits or rats. But then it would not be only a cosmetic any longer. But it would be really cool.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:54 pm

shubla wrote:Cosmetic pets. Easiest one to implement would be something like a bird that just sits in your shoulder.
Maybe you could order it to catch you rabbits or rats. But then it would not be only a cosmetic any longer. But it would be really cool.

please no, not pets

sounds cool as an idea but every game I've seen implement pets was worse off from it

if you want a pet just leash a horse or something
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Return to Critique & Ideas