rabbits are disappointing

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

rabbits are disappointing

Postby Thedrah » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:56 pm

who here agrees that rabbits grow really slow and aren't worth growing/breeding?

a female has about 1 baby bunny per week then takes a few days for a baby to grow to an adult
they grow slower than chickens. even if i find 30q rabbits, you're lucky if they gain 5-10q in a month unlike chickens. has anyone gotten decent quality rabbits? highest quality i've heard was 50q in hedgehugs. someone even questioned whats the point of raising q? for cheap leather? cheap agility meat?
plus, rabbit meat is pretty bad in feps. every meat recipe they have gives 1-2 feps less than the other meats aside from chickens. horse meat gives better agility meat and is easier to raise than rabbit, not capped by water quality

please jorb, allow rabbits to give birth to multiple litters, not just one every few days. i can live with the low quality gain. even if you increase feed consumption. or give rabbits in the wild a flat quality of 15 like 10 for chickens

i know i could build 20 rabbit hutches and grow them like it's my lifes purpose but honestly, they are rabbits. rabbits should multiply faster than chickens, right? and who here has had rabbit in real life and thought it didn't taste good?
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Re: rabbits are disappointing

Postby yozzik111 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 pm

+1

Don't have rabbits. Don't see too much hutches around the world. They really deserve a touch.
Wengdalf, gurbibal master, drunken hunter, the thief of Constantinopol, he who never died of man`s hand, son of Severin, grandson of Yozz, Yozzik. Also an owl.

P.S. More nice hats please!
yozzik111

Postby MrPunchers » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:05 am

Yeah growing slow is fine just make it birth large litters. I've seen how large they are since my dog used to eat them lol.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby viznew » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:47 am

ImageImage
viznew

Postby calebsnow » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:41 am

better to have rabbits then not have em, js
Body Bags 2 Boston, Haven - Boston City Crooks,
calebsnow

Postby viznew » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:56 am

calebsnow wrote:better to have rabbits then not have em, js

lol true and imo its nothing major but i really thought they would breed faster when 1st added
ImageImage
viznew

Postby GamingRAM » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:06 am

Devil Advocating here. I think the counter-arguement is rabbits are another way for a hermit to never have to leave their walls. Its a safe way to acquire leather behind doors that doesn't require taming an animal. If it was faster (while it would make sense), the stable source of hide/leather income would be another reason to not leave your walls.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Luanes » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:50 am

I agree that they're really slow, i guess It would take at least one year for a hermit to get q120 rabbit, do you Think it's too much? I can get loads of q150+ leather with a one hour trip outside...

My suggestions would be one or two of these:

1- make rabbit more useful besides leather and food, create curiosity that uses rabbit fur or something as gilding;

2 - Make the rabbits give birth to a random ammount of babies, 1-3 would be okay;

3 - Create a realm buff that makes then reproduce faster;
Luanes

Postby Redlaw » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:02 am

I am running to rabbit hutches and I do quickly get a cupboard of rabbits over a few weeks.
Redlaw

Postby Luanes » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:08 am

How quickly? How many hutches?
Luanes

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas