Let rowboats be picked up.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Let rowboats be picked up.

Postby Headchef » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:57 pm

I think most accidental scents in the game come from dropping rowboat on someone claim when you're maybe trying to take a crossroad.

Since we already got things regarding the last person who operated something ;horse;knarr;rowboat;wagon I believe

I suggest to also implement the remembering of who last lifted it (just for rowboats and it's contents).

Objection could be ; if someone makes a mistake let them know it, but to be honest we're already so far from hardcore game of some sort what does it even matter anymore, let's just have convenient picking up your own shit without scents.

In my view permadeath is gone anyway so this doesn't change the game it's ''hardcore level'', just inconvenient.

What do you guys think?
Headchef

Re: Let rowboats be picked up.

Postby blank » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:28 pm

+1
blank

Postby sMartins » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:36 pm

I think it's a technical issue .. the game doesn't know who belong that object ... and not trivial to implement, i guess.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Cajoes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Branding
Cajoes

Postby Headchef » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Cajoes wrote:Branding

Yeah sure this would also be fine. Ability to brand rowboat.
Headchef

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Headchef wrote:
In my view permadeath is gone anyway

Why do so many people mistake 'the murder skill is gone' for 'perma-death is gone' ?

They're kind of unrelated... I mean you can die to a bear, to swimming, to starving to a walrus, to a cave in, to a troll.

Just because its harder for a player to kill you does not mean perma-death is gone. Perma-death is still in the game.
Pinkie-Pie

Postby Headchef » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Pinkie-Pie wrote:
Headchef wrote:
In my view permadeath is gone anyway

Why do so many people mistake 'the murder skill is gone' for 'perma-death is gone' ?

They're kind of unrelated... I mean you can die to a bear, to swimming, to starving to a walrus, to a cave in, to a troll.

Just because its harder for a player to kill you does not mean perma-death is gone. Perma-death is still in the game.

What I read: You can die to a ... noob reason, maybe drown in pvp otherwise noob reason, noob reason, noob reason, most of the times preventable.

So no, perma death for those who know what they're doing is kinda gone if your claims are safe and you don't go out severely wounded.
Headchef

Postby tyrtix » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:33 pm

are you implying that is fun to die from unpreventable events? :shock:
tyrtix

Postby Headchef » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:46 pm

I'm not implying that at all, I'm just saying that actual deaths by troll would probably be due to the boulders.

The preventable part about this is clearing a path for the troll so it can melee you.

Therefore the only real way to die is reckless behaviour (leaving a scented char near a wall or some dumb stuff like non-secure claim), not taking care of wounds and then doing something, or drowning in a PvP situation.
Headchef

Postby tyrtix » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Well, besides the fact that noobs still come into the game, and that at high level it's obvious you won't die so easily to a snek running behind you, that means permadeath is still in the game: you do wrong, you die permanently (or something like).
As KO mechanic is influent basically only in pvp, that means you're asking methods to kill other players definitely, as most pvpers do and we saw in most of the lately posts, as they find fun only when wrecking noob players, wich in turn must be real fun, telling others they are noob to the game and still trying to kill them.
tyrtix

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas