Rotating Structures Keybind

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Rotating Structures Keybind

Postby Wonderful » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:29 am

Everywhere I go and ask, everyone says to use the scroll wheel to rotate objects and nobody seems to have any idea if there is another way to rotate items other than a mouse wheel. I personally use a laser ball mouse and don't have access to a mouse wheel, just 12 mouse buttons. It would be nice for a keybind to be introduced that would allow you to rotate buildings on a directional axis (page up / page down for instance).
Wonderful

Re: Rotating Structures Keybind

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:32 am

Most mice and other pointing devices without a scroll wheel either have key combos to simulate the use of the wheel (hold down both mouse buttons, hold down middle mouse button, then slide mouse up/down) or software drivers that will let you assign keys to simulate such actions. You can also get software such as AutoHotKey that will allow you to remap keys.

I know I've seen trackballs* with scroll wheels on them. They've come optional since the scroll wheel first started showing up on mice.

Otherwise, keymapping is a frequently requested feature.

*assuming by "laser ball mouse" you are writing of the same thing--a pointing device where you directly manipulate a ball that sits over the movement sensor(s)
jorb wrote:You'll learn, I figure.
MagicManICT

Postby Wonderful » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:21 am

MagicManICT wrote:Most mice and other pointing devices without a scroll wheel either have key combos to simulate the use of the wheel (hold down both mouse buttons, hold down middle mouse button, then slide mouse up/down) or software drivers that will let you assign keys to simulate such actions. You can also get software such as AutoHotKey that will allow you to remap keys.

I know I've seen trackballs* with scroll wheels on them. They've come optional since the scroll wheel first started showing up on mice.

Otherwise, keymapping is a frequently requested feature.

*assuming by "laser ball mouse" you are writing of the same thing--a pointing device where you directly manipulate a ball that sits over the movement sensor(s)

Yeah it's a trackball mouse, Laser Ball is the brand.
Wonderful

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:06 pm

Will consider.
‎"There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved."

- Ludwig von Mises
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas