F*** snakes

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

F*** snakes

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:14 pm

TLDR: /thread (see topic)

Long version: so spawned in a new character to mess around with after some of the recent changes, and to see how working a new character up would go. Started off fine, but the snakes... they're everywhere. Maybe it's just bad luck (spawned in on one of the game trail things and the type of forest), but can't seem to go anywhere without tripping over one, and in the default client, you can't hardly tell it's a snake on the minimap. It looks more like a squiggle of land. (Finally tripped over one, now at 60ish HHP with only 6k energy, can't heal, can't do first aid... adios Professor Mann.)

Fixes: at least make the damn minimap icon look like a snake head like the other animals, not some squiggle.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: F*** snakes

Postby infectedking » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:39 pm

dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Headchef » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:09 pm

It's a subtle message that all who play on default client deserve death ultimately? :lol:

But yeah with a red indicator range it's easy to stay out of their reach.

I do agree the mini map icon should be the head though.

If you get any other wound from an unnoticed animal and it turns into infected sore before you have some basic things it's also not worth progressing it in my opinion.

Unless if you want to marketslave with camomille ant queens and that nonsense but shouldn't have to resort to that so early in the game I find.

What I did when I started out with a friend some time ago is abandon the char (got KO'd by badger while opening the door for said friend IRL, after 1 night sleep was 30+ infected sore) for development and just study on it for claiming land..
Headchef

Postby Fostik » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:31 pm

You just need ~4-5 hours playing to start see clovers.
Then just always travel with clovers. Take a horse and run over sneks!
This is OP curios for noobs, intelligence gilds, and OP crafted curio - every bite of snake worth it!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Yeah, there are a lot of them on that type of biome MM and even more on the mountains! They are a nightmare until you can get clovers, as Fostik said. I got bitten by one when I first started back but it healed of it's own accord and I didn't think they were that dangerous ... I then tried to fight one, lol, that was a disaster ... came off really badly and almost ditched the char but didn't, ages later when she was finally almost healed, I logged on to find the last of the wounds had become infected and it was all now worse again! :evil:

I agree they are hard to see, esp on that forest terrain, and also do think the minimap icon should be the head ... in the meantime, thank goodness for my big red circle ... :P
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Adata » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Sneks are great.
Also live on a boat for no snakes you nub.
W14 Elephant Gardens
W13 Zard
W12 Magpie Nest
W11 White Pond
W10 Lazy Leech
W9 Dark Woods
W7 Crow's Nest
Adata

Postby 2d0x » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:19 pm

Adata wrote:Also live on a boat for no snakes you nub.

Why so radical? Snakes are found only in some biomes.

Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:15 pm

"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas