Gypsy wagon

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Gypsy wagon

Postby Potjeh » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:00 pm

Charterstones are a bigger problem than roads, though. Maybe they could stay if you could only travel from within the borders of the kingdom or something like that.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby maze » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:15 pm

Potjeh wrote:
maze wrote:I had ask for road systems and teleporting to be removed in another post to bring back the need of traveling merchants xD
But I don't think anyone likes that idea.

Hell yes. Restrict fast travel and give us real regional resources (ie different parts of the world have different foragables, crop and tree affinities, ores etc.), and traveling merchant will be a needed profession.

This is what I did at the start of hafen. it was rather fun but it was such a big risk each time (more for the product then my alt).
But it was 10x super fun.

Potjeh wrote:Charterstones are a bigger problem than roads, though.
Maybe they could stay if you could only travel from within the borders of the kingdom or something like that.

I kinda agree with that. the amount of DIS villages this world honestly pissed me off.
I had 3 times that "peaceful noobs" would be moving into my area. then they started to expand abit then BAM it was a DIS village and suddenly all the murder is pointing back to those villages. then a day later back to DIS.

I made me want to murder every fking noob in the area again.

So yeah, Charterstones are fking annoying and made the world way more hostile then the worlds where they were none.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby viznew » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:41 pm

yea charter to edge of kingdome awsome idea (cant just ditch insta travel some (most) people love it, but restrictions would be cool)

kingdomes would push far into other places to set up thier charter runs (not far off current road wars)

id rather no animals throu charter, i ask for help thay show up i provide horses

mostly take insta travel from current roads and make new road that can move wagons and anouther for boats (bouys like suggested)
ImageImage
viznew

Postby Granger » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:26 pm

Shall we split the road discussion into another topic?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Potjeh wrote:Charterstones are a bigger problem than roads, though. Maybe they could stay if you could only travel from within the borders of the kingdom or something like that.

Do people really use charterstones? The world is just littered with roads, I don't think i've used a charterstone this world.
DDDsDD999

Postby maze » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:02 am

Granger wrote:Shall we split the road discussion into another topic?

possibly be a good idea to see what other's think.

I know a lot of people use charters at north kingdom.
I use roads non-stop.
but yeah I kinda wanna see what a world without teleporting would be like again.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Potjeh » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:19 pm

AFAIK charterstone is how majority of people get to Community Fair. IMO such travel can only serve to capture all global trade in a single market. And for traveling merchants to be viable, we need multiple markets that take physical transport to connect (knarrs, wagons etc.), and with different good sufficiently differing in price (due to local advantages in form of climate etc.) to make this transport profitable.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby nerdyaf » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:35 am

This is such a good idea, I attempted to do it with both a wagon and a knarr before neither worked successfully as they are easily stolen from gypsy wagon would be awesome for haven!!
Potatoes are life.
nerdyaf

Postby Sprinkle » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:19 pm

I think we could expand on this idea of having a gypsy wagon, by also allowing us to enter inside of it where it has the same amount of indoor space as a log cabin.
Extremely popular.
Sprinkle

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas