Wheelbarrow Vacuums

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Wheelbarrow Vacuums

Postby Massa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:25 am

I would like bump this thread in light of Jorb's recent comment. This, this right here, would be the true cure to huge tedium.

Have one stone in your wheelbarrow? Drive over a shitload of other stones and hoover them all up into the wheelbarrow.

This would also make the headache that is harvesting things like turnips, or straw, much more convenient.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:56 am

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby WowGain » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:12 pm

holy shit why is this not a thing yet this thread is 4 years old
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Massa » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:47 pm

WowGain wrote:holy shit why is this not a thing yet this thread is 4 years old

Well, by our powers combined, Jorbonzola might listen.

To him it might sound like a minor non issue but over the course of a grindy day it could literally free up an entire hour or 2 of just picking dog shit up. It, or some sort of mass-floor-item-gathering-system are a really good next step to help mining, farming, everything.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby pawnchito » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:56 pm

Best qol idea thats been posted on here for a while.
pawnchito

Justified Necro-bump

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:42 am

Decided to do an autumn harvest and damn would this have been useful at my Pumpkin field. could only pick up maximum of 9 at the time, even when I had second character in addition to farmer, with largest inventory possible you can currently get.

Collecting 1x1 items wasn't that bad with said maximum inventory but not everyone have the luxury and it would be nice to have the option.

Optimally you would want some kind of ability to toggle this off, maybe shift+right clicking the wheelbarrow when you're already grabbed it by the handles. Simple flower menu with "turn off ground item pick up" if it's already active and and "turn on ground item pick up" if it's inactive.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Liss12 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:19 pm

ydex wrote:or like... hold empty wheelbarrow -> shift click a stockable item on ground -> items auto picks up into wheelbarrow...
similar to how buckets do work for seeds on the ground iirc.

or can I already do this and just don't know the hotkey?

This. Easiest and most intuitive solution i personally asked for exactly same thing like 2 years ago.
Liss12

Postby MadNomad » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:59 pm

but if your betroots had 1 point of difference in quality you would still have to sort them to plant the best ones ¦]
MadNomad

Postby Liss12 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:09 pm

MadNomad wrote:but if your betroots had 1 point of difference in quality you would still have to sort them to plant the best ones ¦]

Imagine beautiful world where this idea implemented alongside with my other idea of dedicated buttons to take highest/lowest q item from the pile. Imagine it and weep.
Liss12

Postby MadNomad » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:33 pm

Liss12 wrote:
MadNomad wrote:but if your betroots had 1 point of difference in quality you would still have to sort them to plant the best ones ¦]

Imagine beautiful world where this idea implemented alongside with my other idea of dedicated buttons to take highest/lowest q item from the pile. Imagine it and weep.

yes, yes, you're right

but the reality turns out to be depressing
MadNomad

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas