Things you would like to see changed before the new world.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Things you would like to see changed before the new worl

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Granger wrote:I like that. Though I would repurpose charter stones for that, removing their ability to teleport between charter stones at will.

That's what the Charter Stone used to be used for, and functioned almost exactly like this, before they turned it into a 'Who cares about world size, locality, and risk of trade' button instead.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Charter Stone ... turned it into a 'Who cares about world size, locality, and risk of trade' button instead.

That's why I would like to see them return to their original function.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Shadow7168 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Well, most of what I want's been said already, but it can't hurt to say it again.

The most important thing for a fresh world methinks is balance. Retaining players will be a lot easier if they feel like they have a fighting chance against people who play competitively, and said people will actually have a challenge to look forward to rather than just stomping everyone a few months in. So:

1: Combat stat cap. Pretty self explanatory, should be an achievement to reach but still possible for the majority of players.
2: Rather than raw stat increases, more weapon/skill variety. Things like gilding and more advanced forging techniques for weapons, combat specific credos. Maybe give combat related bonuses to non-combat credos as well, for example oak stance from lumberjack or combat meditation from mystic.
2a: fix ranged combat! It's as easy as making it possible to hit a moving target. Melee should still be king but it would be nice to have a bit of variety. Make shields block arrows maybe, and buff 2 handed weapons?
3: Curios should give a small amount of bonus LP each time XP is gained. Some people might argue this puts more casual players at an advantage, but it would also deter people from having too many alts.
4: Redone siege system. Something like after a claim shield reaches a certain % of damage, it becomes reinforced for 24 hours protecting both the claim and any siege equipment from further damage. There should be a local resource you can feed to claims to boost this reinforced timer a limited number of times, and realm buffs that extend it as well. This should also lock down any lootable stuff from being taken/destroyed and maybe apply redhanded/outlaw debuff to all parties involved. Also winning a siege shouldn't totally destroy the claim, but allow a certain amount of looting/destruction before the claim goes back up and the reinforcement process has to be repeated. Sieges should be punishing but provide a chance for even casual players to perhaps gather some friends and fight it off, and give the attackers actually gain something if they manage to win.
5: Said plenty of times already, but regional crops/foragables/resources. Things like pepper/grapes only growing in certain corners of the world, one part of the world having extremely high quality tin but no copper, and vice versa. Hell, maybe have a nerfed version of salt that you can only mine (rarely) in certain areas.
6: Remove most forms of instant teleportation, make it so you have to walk along roads physically, but automatically. Maybe allow your character speed to be 1 higher for no stamina drain, so run on forest tiles, sprint on grassland/dirt and hell, maybe 1 above that for paved roads. Also a new gui that allows you to travel to any 1 point in the road network, so smaller hermits could link up to and use larger road networks without making their own to cut down on cancerous road sign spam. No teleportation would make regional markets and inns/waystations more viable, make wagons a useful tool for bulk trade and potentially allow for people to become full-time merchants, traveling from various regional markets to trade in exotic wares.

That's just my list anyways.
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Granger wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Charter Stone ... turned it into a 'Who cares about world size, locality, and risk of trade' button instead.

That's why I would like to see them return to their original function.

^ This please.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby Oddity » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:42 am

• Remove satiations from food.
  • Simplify the combat system. You've been throwing random shit at the wall for years to see what sticks and nothing sticks, so just make it nice and easy and forget about it unless you have a great idea.
  • Lower the amount of stamina consumed by merely walking/running around
All I can think of off the top of my head.
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:03 am

change quality formula to logarithmic instead of squared!!!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby texno6 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Sealing corners of fences from the inside.
texno6

Postby Yorla » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:58 am

Please lower extreme numbers from certain credo quests like for example: "harvest 98 hop cones" or "harvest 47 chanterelles". None would do it anyway. And skipping such quest for just getting the similar one is really frustrating. (I played W10 for more than a year in total and STILL haven't finished my gardener credo. No suicide though).
And here I should apologize for my spelling... But I won't! Deal with it :P
Yorla

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:17 pm

Imho Gardener wasn't that hard but I did make 100 or so Gardener's Pots to easily plant and harvest stuff in bulk.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Scilly_guy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Yorla wrote:Please lower extreme numbers from certain credo quests like for example: "harvest 98 hop cones" or "harvest 47 chanterelles". None would do it anyway. And skipping such quest for just getting the similar one is really frustrating. (I played W10 for more than a year in total and STILL haven't finished my gardener credo. No suicide though).

I never had such high numbers when I did gardener, and I did suicide either so I was having to do q few quests for each level. I think the highest I got was 30s or 40s, which IMO isn't that bad, like vatas says you just have to make (find) a lot of pots. But I do think you should only have to do a few harvest quests during gardener, they're really just time gates.
Scilly_guy

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas