Things you would like to see changed before the new world.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Things you would like to see changed before the new worl

Postby tigerlrg245 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:55 am

Granger wrote:A (more or less healthy) interest in monetary gains? I guess there are a lot of players that would be interested in H&H should they have a reasonable option to effectively opt out of open PvP, permadeath & dicks with B12s.

I think it would work nicely in conjunction with teleport free roads (which would attach a time cost to distance covered, doing away with the current teleport everywhere instantly and how much cha can you bot to use charter stones) to make map locality actually matter: the ones who want interaction would stay somewhere near the population center, the ones who don't wouldn't.

If more long distance travel options are tested I think this can work. Maybe the trick would be that people can travel places far away if they really wanted, but no one would know exactly where you are, so it wouldn't be easy to find you. or maybe Like charterstones, once you travel somewhere once you can go on a journey there again, this way effectively everyone could have a safe haven (heh) far away from civilization, but also be able to travel to market and also explore for more charterstones of friend villages and ect.

What I would propose is to let wagons fast travel charters while the bull carrying the wagon tanks some of the weariness, to effectively increase range of travel as world goes on.

I would also like if realms can create charter stones that belong to the realm itself and to the general public, I like the idea of exploring in order to be able to unlock new travel spots that you can use to meet with other people and trade.

However if this is implemented solely for people to walk for hours and hide then it's a lot of work and new players might not figure this is what they're supposed to be doing. of course just implementing this would probably make the map less dense of players so that'll already help.
tigerlrg245

Postby iamahh » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:58 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
iamahh wrote:a modded client made from scratch, rudimentary but interesting somehow

bonus points if its made in Love2D

Someone was trying to make a web-based text only client (not sure it was ever completed). It's possible, and not really against the rules... but why this strange API? LUA is nice for UI design, modding, and such, but scripting is nowhere near as fast as native code, and Java compiles into native code that is only a few points slower than truly native languages like C/C++. Not to derail the thread, but maybe they're intending it to replace Flash? (I'd be for that... Flash is an unsecured POS.)

Also, don't need a new world for this... someone could do this at any time and release it.

no serious reason, really... Love2D was around when flash was still dominant, it was just fun programming, not about proselytizing
iamahh

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:46 pm

Meh... the only reason for a 3rd party redesign any graphic client is to get rid of the bloat so you can run a game on a toaster from 1990 OR to have a 0 interface client for running scripts. You could have said Flash and I'd have given the same response.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby caplept » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:47 pm

I stopped playing this game because i didnt have any idea how combat worked even tough i watched many tutorials on it. Why dont you guys just implement normal auto attack combat it would be a great update tbh.
:D
caplept

Postby Suprada » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:36 am

With your permission, I will write my ideas here...
I guess I won't be the first to say that.
Is it possible to add to the game:
- The narrow gauge railroad to the mines. With trolleys;
- Whiskey, potato, corn, tomatoes (to prepare sauces (improving food like pepper);
- New skill - Alchemy. Alchemical table. Preparation of medicinal potions, poisons. The ability to smear poison on arrows, spears. Mix different ingredients and get different effects (like game - "doodle god");
- Traps;
- The ability to remove a small cave;
- The possibility of removing the culture without waiting for its germination;
- Gunpowder. This will open up the guns, cannons, naval battles, forts. TNT. (maybe that's a bad idea. it's just my imagination)
W2,W3,W4,W5,W6,W7,W8,W9,W10, W11, W12...
Suprada

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:08 pm

Suprada wrote:With your permission, I will write my ideas here...

A) Not a feature request thread. Feel free to make a topic for any suggestions or new ideas that haven't come up. This thread is for discussion of critical issues that need resolved before any potential world resets.

B) Don't make "grab bag" threads or posts. This is at the request of the devs so that each idea can be discussed and not get passed over

C) Use the search functions or Google. There are some ideas that haven't yet been suggested, but most have been in the past at some point or another. In the case of some of these, I'd suggest seeing the "10 most requested things" before making a new thread.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Porterwake » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:33 pm

Bigger world, bigger world, bigger world, bigger world. Too many jerks around me :lol:
Porterwake

Postby Scilly_guy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm

I would like to see more biomes in caves in a new map generator:
Underground beaches
Small patches of Acre Clay
Wet rock
Standard cave like now
Bare soil
Others?

With the welcome increase in foragables in caves there could be some more variety in where exactly they spawn, there is also an increase in demand for acre clay to make potters clay, providing it in caves, maybe deep underground, delays peoples access to it (maybe not much for the no lifers/botters). Sand is an infinite resource above the surface but I believe this world the highest available is q56? More sources would allow people the chance to find some higher nodes that are less accessible.

I would also like to see more types of shallow water:
Shallow water on sand
Shallow water on mud (ball clay can only be dug here)
Shallow water on rock/seaweed

reeds wouldn't grow on rock, but kelp would, mussels would also only appear on rock, this would drastically increase the amount of sand available but decrease grey clay, ball clay and mussels... this may or may not be a good thing.
Scilly_guy

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:49 am

Porterwake wrote:Bigger world, bigger world, bigger world, bigger world.

Amen.

Also:
Regional/Biome based crops with greatly increased grow times in wrong biomes or complete denial. Applied to gardening as well.

Multicolor Stone Walls, More fence variants, Wooden Walls that take materials into account, better control over color of buildings/etc.

Wooden paving

Freeform Building

Removal of Fast Travel of all non-horse/boat/knarr/wagon forms, implementation of limited range hearthing.

Return of Charter Stones initial purpose (New structure, of course). Doesn't require rock crystal, allows characters to start at any active <structure> set to receive new players, and the ability to teleport between charter stones, without inventory or the ability to gain LP, for the duration of an hour. In the Character Creation room a warning will appear before using it.

"This will take you to one of the established <structures> in the world. Since the hearthlands are open PvP and these structures are created by players, your safety cannot be guaranteed upon arrival. You may find friendly hearthlings looking to help you join the world, or you may be killed before you've even begun. For the duration that the Baby Blue Eyes effect is active, you may teleport between <structures> but will be unable to keep your inventory when teleporting. Additionally, you will not gain XP until Baby Blue Eyes runs out, or you select the structure and choose "Stay Here.""

<will Create Feature Request post and edit this post to remove the suggestion-y part.>
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Granger » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Removal of Fast Travel of all non-horse/boat/knarr/wagon forms, implementation of limited range hearthing.
You have my support, see viewtopic.php?f=48&t=59271&start=10#p757722 (and the rest of that topic).

Return of Charter Stones initial purpose (New structure, of course). Doesn't require rock crystal, allows characters to start at any active <structure> set to receive new players, and the ability to teleport between charter stones, without inventory or the ability to gain LP, for the duration of an hour. In the Character Creation room a warning will appear before using it.

"This will take you to one of the established <structures> in the world. Since the hearthlands are open PvP and these structures are created by players, your safety cannot be guaranteed upon arrival. You may find friendly hearthlings looking to help you join the world, or you may be killed before you've even begun. For the duration that the Baby Blue Eyes effect is active, you may teleport between <structures> but will be unable to keep your inventory when teleporting. Additionally, you will not gain XP until Baby Blue Eyes runs out, or you select the structure and choose "Stay Here.""

I like that. Though I would repurpose charter stones for that, removing their ability to teleport between charter stones at will.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas