UI Scaling

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

UI Scaling

Postby Shrapnelx » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:48 am

Hello fellow Hearthlings, i come to you with a problem ive been having, and a request for it to be fixed if possible.

Since the last time i played Haven, my computer setup has changed drastically. Most notably my 3840x2160 UHD Monitor, and its causing me to rip my hair our while playing older/smaller/indie games.

My UI in Hafen is tiny! the Font is to small the read easily, and i have an immense amount of screen space (not complaining about screen space, its a side effect of the tiny UI)

Im using Amber Client and have not found any sort of UI Scaling options, other than Font Size which doesnt seem to help, this is extremely frustrating because i find myself leaning into my monitor to read text and look at items.

Does this require a Dev update or can someone make an addon for one of the custom clients?
Shrapnelx

Re: UI Scaling

Postby Granger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:35 am

There is a client render rewrite underway, hopefully the loftar will also add UI scaling while at it.

As a workaround: drop the desktop resolution to 25% of the pixels (50% in both horizontal and vertical direction, so you won't suffer from interpolation).
This should, for the time being, make the fonts readable on your display.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Shrapnelx » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:53 am

Granger wrote:There is a client render rewrite underway, hopefully the loftar will also add UI scaling while at it.

As a workaround: drop the desktop resolution to 25% of the pixels (50% in both horizontal and vertical direction, so you won't suffer from interpolation).
This should, for the time being, make the fonts readable on your display.

I tried doing this before making the post, it screws up everything else i have running in the background and isn't a viable solution to the problem. Its a pain in the ass to reposition all my stuff after im done playing Haven and change the resolution back.

Im very very glad to hear about the rendering rewrite, i hope it comes reasonably soon. :D

Are there any other temporary fixes i can try?
Shrapnelx

Postby Granger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:27 am

Shrapnelx wrote:Are there any other temporary fixes i can try?

Without giving the needed details about your system (os, gpu): no.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Shrapnelx » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:41 pm

Granger wrote:
Shrapnelx wrote:Are there any other temporary fixes i can try?

Without giving the needed details about your system (os, gpu): no.

Win10 (bleh) and a GTX1080.
Shrapnelx

Postby boogis » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:42 pm

same problem with amber? any solutions?
boogis

Return to Critique & Ideas