Lower tier wagon.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Lower tier wagon.

Postby maze » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:14 am

A lower tier wagon mainly for the early nomads

made with wood, bone glue, a large amount of brought.

Nice easter egg maybe? gandalf's wagon

something else that needs to be addressed;
Shed vs Wagon: viewtopic.php?p=727080#p727080

------
Other wagon topics. (not really....)

viewtopic.php?p=749813#p749813

viewtopic.php?p=693504#p693504
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Re: Lower tier wagon.

Postby LadyV » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

That is a horse drawn cart. A wagon has four wheels.

However, I don't mind a horse drawn cart being added. I think it would be nice.
LadyV

Postby Tanchist » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:03 pm

LadyV wrote:That is a horse drawn cart. A wagon has four wheels.

However, I don't mind a horse drawn cart being added. I think it would be nice.

Right-click on a cart when riding or giddy-up while dragging a cart and You get one ;)

Really, keeping your horse tied to anything but You while You forage around is "not a priority" as Jorb said.
Wastelands. Ruins everywhere from proud civilizations, with today's survivors scavenging whatever they can carry even if they can't even use it. Eating rats cooked alive is OK for everyone. Walking around naked is natural, since very few have time to waste in getting a rag to cover their deep wounds. And the game is only Alpha.
Tanchist

Postby ven » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Which doubles as a lightweight war chariot so that we can finally hold fancy community races and have some mounted combat where spears are useful and cavalry is actually dangerous.
Venator
ven

Postby maze » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Tanchist wrote:Right-click on a cart when riding or giddy-up while dragging a cart and You get one ;)

Really, keeping your horse tied to anything but You while You forage around is "not a priority" as Jorb said.

:|
missed the hole point of the post.
Nomads are always on the move.
the idea is to create game play for nomads.
Nomads don't have access to things that require a few days of basing. IE cloths.

a wagon or a cart (other then the current cart.)
that could carry a raft in addition to a few other items that a nomad would generally carry.
and is easy to make without the need of farmables, or metals.

This wagon would still be pretty weak since it would be unable to support a nomads life style anyhow.
So in the real words of jorb.

jorb wrote:Meh.
game ideas
maze

Postby Tanchist » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Untill they do make this game for nomads, too, which Jorb said is not a priority, You can probably just settle for a while, (talking real days here) then move again, then settle again... I know this sucks, I don't think I missed your point entirety...

And for all that explore or forage around, please remember even the clumsiest primitive real life peasant, riding without saddle, can still tie his horse to any bush or tree available, without needing to build anything. It would help a lot to see this mechanic in game, and not only for the nomads. Also, hunting with traps (as in killing without even being nearby) is another very important real life mechanic that helped our specie evolve through the ages. Not implemented here, unfortunately...
Wastelands. Ruins everywhere from proud civilizations, with today's survivors scavenging whatever they can carry even if they can't even use it. Eating rats cooked alive is OK for everyone. Walking around naked is natural, since very few have time to waste in getting a rag to cover their deep wounds. And the game is only Alpha.
Tanchist

Postby maze » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:27 pm

Tanchist wrote:-

....I already am a nomad....Don't tell me how to live my life....

C&I is not for "waiting around" it's for ideas, if no ideas were put out there no point in a C&I.
There is a reason to why I'm posting so much about nomad stuff and early game items/object.
game ideas
maze

Postby Attas » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:03 am

I agree that there are some nomadic stuff that paradoxically requires sedentary stuff, so there should be an offer of some early-game wagon.

I'd just suggest it to have not so cheap materials, otherwise people will use it in very early world to fastly raid noobs who don't have a claim yet.
Attas

Postby maze » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:40 am

Attas wrote:I agree that there are some nomadic stuff that paradoxically requires sedentary stuff, so there should be an offer of some early-game wagon.

I'd just suggest it to have not so cheap materials, otherwise people will use it in very early world to fastly raid noobs who don't have a claim yet.

A claim takes 1 hour 1 hour to get on a new char and then 8 hours to day.

A wagon would be used by a tame Cow/horse. taking 3-4 days of taming.
game ideas
maze

Postby maze » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:58 pm

Mother fkers added a sleight but not a low tier wagon!
i feel insulted
game ideas
maze

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas