Locks for houses

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Locks for houses

Postby Zesto » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Add the ability to lock houses (probably already suggested) but this would make it easier starting in the game so some noob witha vandal alt didnt just come and take your shit they would actually have to have the strength to bash your shit shack of a house

Edit :
Possibley an easily made ram for breaking down doors but it took siege working to use and would leave scents regardless of if it was on a claim or not
Last edited by Zesto on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zesto

Re: Locks for houses

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:24 pm

i think u should be able to loot a house without having to bash it... maybe they could add a lockpicking skill x d xd xdx
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Zesto » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:i think u should be able to loot a house without having to bash it... maybe they could add a lockpicking skill x d xd xdx

Agreed if you raid a village you shouldnt have to bash each house
Zesto

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Yeah, it might be high time. May look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Onep » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:32 pm

I think locks would be nice just so you could have a simple protection from fellow villagers that would force to leave scents if they broke the lock. I know a lot of people use individual P claims and Palisades to have private homes in villages. But a lock that's bonded would fill that role. I don't think it should have to be a super hard thing to defeat though. It does not make sense to break down a house when you could go through the front door.

Basically let the lock act as a miniature personal claim for the structure. Instead of bothering with keys, you could just so claim rights. It'd be way more manageable than having 600000 keys.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Return to Critique & Ideas