Snake Icon Change?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Snake Icon Change?

Postby kittenkarate » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:20 am

I was wondering if maybe it would be better to have a snake head as the map icon for snakes. The current icon blends into the map and is hard to spot, so it's extremely easy to get caught by them without even knowing they were there. It's especially crucial, seeing as they have a bite that can't be medicated in any way other than the rare elder root (which are hard to come by even if you stumble across an elder log).

That's just a suggestion, of course, but I'd recommend maybe brighter colors and/or an icon that's bulkier and easier to see on the mini map! :mrgreen:
I'mnotyourBuddy,Pal.
kittenkarate

Re: Snake Icon Change?

Postby sMartins » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:41 am

All the icons need a revamp now after all the new updates .... icons needs to appear on top of each others with priorities, there is no way that a rat can hide a bear with its icon, and so on.
About the minimap size and icons art ... yeah the snake one is a bit weak but I think is intended, snakes are not easy to spot :D. (if only the minimap was a reasonable size would be fair enough)
Tou I think the overlapping now is the major problem.

P.S. Frogs still don't have an icon.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby kittenkarate » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:02 am

sMartins wrote:About the minimap size and icons art ... yeah the snake one is a bit weak but I think is intended, snakes are not easy to spot :D. (if only the minimap was a reasonable size would be fair enough)
Tou I think the overlapping now is the major problem.

I know what you mean, but with their debuff being permanent (without elder root), I feel that there should be something to make them stand out better. Snakes are just as hard to spot as rats, but rats have a pretty big icon themselves!

Maybe if the snake icon weren't so similar to the coloration on the map or, as stated before, an icon of the snake's head. It doesn't have to be a big icon, either. It can be small, I just think with the danger they pose, it shouldn't be something so hard to spot. :) That, or maybe get rid of the permanent debuff/make it curable?
I'mnotyourBuddy,Pal.
kittenkarate

Postby Adder1234 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:58 am

Not to mention many new players can mistake them for worms or grubs. I've known a couple who lost their chars to snakes because of that and quit.
Adder1234

Postby kittenkarate » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:19 am

Adder1234 wrote:Not to mention many new players can mistake them for worms or grubs. I've known a couple who lost their chars to snakes because of that and quit.

It sucks to hear that. :(

I feel it's a bit unfair that a butterfly has a more noticeable icon than a predator, too. Same with magpies, mushrooms, grapes, etc...
It's very unfair that something so deadly is so invisible on the map when bugs can be seen a mile away.

I hope they fix it so that your friends can join back with you! :mrgreen:
I'mnotyourBuddy,Pal.
kittenkarate

Postby jorb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:58 pm

Will consider, though it isn't entirely trivial to make them readable always.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby kittenkarate » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:48 am

jorb wrote:Will consider, though it isn't entirely trivial to make them readable always.

Wow. I didn't expect you to reply! Thank you for taking it into consideration!

Love your game! Thank you for all your hard work! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'mnotyourBuddy,Pal.
kittenkarate

Postby Luanes » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:51 am

Jorb is really effective on this forum section xD
Luanes

Postby kittenkarate » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:39 pm

Luanes wrote:Jorb is really effective on this forum section xD

He is! What a good guy! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'mnotyourBuddy,Pal.