Buff Enthroned Toad

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Buff Enthroned Toad

Postby Field » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:00 pm

There's only one reasonable way to do this... Let us grow frog crown's in garden pots!
Field

Re: Buff Enthroned Toad

Postby azrid » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 pm

toad pond to farm toads
azrid

Postby synaris » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:47 pm

growing em in garden pots would be nice. +1

they dont spawn often enough for me anywya.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:13 pm

Myeah, idk. I don't want to nerf foraging more.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Field » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:15 pm

jorb wrote:I don't want to nerf foraging more.

I thought about it more. In fact it'd buff foraging in a way(?). Royal toadstools suddenly become relevant in later stage of game at any quality and so do toads (that are also used for medicine). However foraged (not farmed) frog's crown become less relevant to high end people.
Field

Postby Luanes » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Increase like 15 - 20% of the enthroned frog base LP and put one farmable ingredient more, like string, dream, wax,
Luanes

Postby Peedor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 am

jorb wrote:Myeah, idk. I don't want to nerf foraging more.

Then buff foraging by removing the cap for some forageables frog's crown making them like Rock Crystal.
Peedor

Postby MadNomad » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:18 pm

it's not like anyone would forage for that when the world ages, and people don't make a lot of them in general at any point during the existence of a certain world (since the new hnh exists)

what should be done about enthroned toad is simply buff the lp, a lot of early game things have significantly better lp/h while being so easy to spam, so I think that enthroned toad should at least give like triple the LP it gives, if not more
MadNomad

Postby Sevenless » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:35 pm

MadNomad wrote:

it's not like anyone would forage for that when the world ages, and people don't make a lot of them in general at any point during the existence of a certain world (since the new hnh exists)

what should be done about enthroned toad is simply buff the lp, a lot of early game things have significantly better lp/h while being so easy to spam, so I think that enthroned toad should at least give like triple the LP it gives, if not more

Enthroned toads aren't that hard to make considering how often you need to. Quality wise you are probably saving your best pieces for each, so 20+ isn't hard. At Q25 they're giving 250/5 weight give or take. That's the low end of what you'd be running at 50 int or so for your average playe.

Doubled or Tripled no. 50% bonus would be more in line with a solid buff to them.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MadNomad » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:42 pm

Sevenless wrote:
MadNomad wrote:

Enthroned toads aren't that hard to make considering how often you need to. Quality wise you are probably saving your best pieces for each, so 20+ isn't hard. At Q25 they're giving 250/5 weight give or take. That's the low end of what you'd be running at 50 int or so for your average playe.

Doubled or Tripled no. 50% bonus would be more in line with a solid buff to them.

way too low considering how easy and spammable other things are, for the enthroned toad you need 3 ingredients that u have to forage, for mirkwood you just get rid of your enthrails and pick up the seeds which are everywhere and chop some rotten logs which are also everywhere, same applies to dragonflies, which are only one thing that only has to be picked up and studied, and they are also a lot better than enthroned toad

double the lp is the minimum for enthroned toad :roll: , but it should be like 4 times as good as it is currently honestly

there are way more easy and spammable early game curios which give more lp, so why not do that?

it wouldn't even change anything at all right now, because noone is going to make a lot of these enthroned toads anyway, so maybe doing as I said is a good idea that would encourage foraging, right?

double the lp wouldn't encourage anyone yet, but 4x the lp could have a chance to make some people leave the palisade and forage for that
MadNomad

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas